ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rich's BG 182

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Hi all ive been lurking on the forum for a while now, but about a week and a half ago brought my new car, a 2004 full fat 182. My car history is somewhat limited as ive only had one car since passing my test - a Peugeot 206. Other than that i brought a 1988 205 gti 1.6 a few years ago that was a project that sadly due to lack of space has sat standing for most of that tim but ive not given up on that yet!

Anyway the Clio as i said is a 2004 full fat 182, it has 98k on the clock and came with a decent pile of reciepts. I brought it knowing there were a few problems but none that cant be resolved in time.

Since buying it i have done the following:

Eibach Pro kit Springs - NSF was cracked so took the opportunity to replace all 4 with these
Replaced rear exhaust mounts with genuine items - old ones were completely shot
Replaced the battery as the one on the car was low on charge after the car had been standing for a while
Replaced both numberplates as the old ones were looking very tired
Replaced pre cat lambda sensor
Fitted aerotwin wiper blades

List of jobs to do:

Replace front discs and pads - brembo hc discs and brembo pads ordered
Carry out service - genuine service parts ordered
Aux belt kit change - genuine kit ordered as current belt has a lot of cracks
Replace rear discs and pads
Cat back stainless exhaust system - open to reccomendations, leaning towards a ktec unit
Deep cleaning of interior, de bobbling front seats, cleaning carpet then putting floor mats in
Deep clean of exterior
Replace gearstick gaiter
Replace gearstick top
Fit mist type washer jets

As the days go by i keep finding things to do to it, in order to get it how i want it. Anyway sadly only have the one picture of it at the minute but will upload more once its been cleaned.

el5lll.jpg

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Few more jobs done today managed to do the following:

Serviced using all genuine filters
Replaced reverse switch so have working reverse lights now
Replaced front brake discs and pads
Replaced aux belt kit
Replaced rear gearbox mount

Hoping tomorrow to give it a real good clean inside and out and get some proper photos.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Just to update things since the last time i have done the following:

Replaced gear gaiter and gear knob insert
De-bobbled the front seats and put in floor mats (Genuine)
Fitted new brake light switch (Genuine)

Sadly last Friday i had a van scuff/scrape/smash its way round my NSF bumper, headlight and wing. The result of that is that its going into be repaired with the NSF headlight and bumper being replaced and having the NSF wing repaired. Whilst its being done I'm taking the opportunity to have the cracked front splitter replaced by a skoda one that i had coincidentally purchased before the damage.

Today i set about giving it a clean and fitted my dashcam, once its back from being repaired I'm going to be giving the exterior a deep clean, polishing and protecting for the winter. Anyway heres some photos of it after a clean and also a photo of the dashcam in situ.

IMG_20151008_161002_zpsof2jwe5j.jpg
IMG_20151008_161034_zpsyxexzwmf.jpg
IMG_20151008_161058_zps9tmjwame.jpg
IMG_20151008_163543_zpsq6iy2zgd.jpg
IMG_20151008_163547_zps6sgjpnnw.jpg
IMG_20151008_163530_zpsgvdgp5gf.jpg

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Awesome, A dash cam is next on my list to buy! Is it a möbius you've got? Where abouts have you wired it into?
Yeah its a Möbius action camera wide lens. ( I think the wide lens version about now is even wider than mine). The USB power cable runs along the headlining at the front, down the passenger side a pillar and through into the fuse box, and used a add a circuit fuse tap. Will upload some footage later on to show quality.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
For anyone that's interested here's some footage showing what the quality is like from the weekend. Obviously best in 1080p.

Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
That footage is great in 1080. Have you got a link to where you bought the mobius with wide lens.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
That footage is great in 1080. Have you got a link to where you bought the mobius with wide lens.

Here's a link to the newer/wider lens version than mine:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/action-ca...ngle-lens.html?search_query=mobius&results=50

If being used as a dashcam you will need to replace the battery with this super capacitor pack:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/other/95-....html?search_query=mobius+capacitor&results=2

Just seen its cheaper on banggood but joovuu is where i got mine from.

Reactions: Gus
  Fiesta ST
I'm going to get one of these for my commute. How do you go about storing the videos each day?

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
I'm going to get one of these for my commute. How do you go about storing the videos each day?
. There's two ways of doing it how I have mine set up is to loop record, it records 5 minutes clips then once it's ran out of storage erases the oldest to record the new and so on. If you want a clip to be saved you press the button and it saves that clip and the one before. The other way is for you to set it to record and once the storage is full it stops till you either erase the footage or back it up on another device. I can see this being useful for track day footage but for normal driving would be loads of footage of driving with no events in it.

Fiesta ST
. There's two ways of doing it how I have mine set up is to loop record, it records 5 minutes clips then once it's ran out of storage erases the oldest to record the new and so on. If you want a clip to be saved you press the button and it saves that clip and the one before. The other way is for you to set it to record and once the storage is full it stops till you either erase the footage or back it up on another device. I can see this being useful for track day footage but for normal driving would be loads of footage of driving with no events in it.
I had a quick look and was just going to use the loop feature, so it records 5 minute clips etc. More to cover my arse on my commute than anything, or if I see anything daft etc that I can share to the world.

Will look at getting one when I next get paid I think :).

Yeah its a Möbius action camera wide lens. ( I think the wide lens version about now is even wider than mine). The USB power cable runs along the headlining at the front, down the passenger side a pillar and through into the fuse box, and used a add a circuit fuse tap. Will upload some footage later on to show quality.

Awesome mate, is it constantly on with the ignition through a fuse? If so it'll probably be better to wire it in that way rather than splicing. Which fuse have you piggy backed off? Thanks for the info. Champion :smile:

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Awesome mate, is it constantly on with the ignition through a fuse? If so it'll probably be better to wire it in that way rather than splicing. Which fuse have you piggy backed off? Thanks for the info. Champion :smile:

I couldn't tell you which fuse exactly one of the normal size fuses rather than the smaller mini fuses, however i've noticed the fuse cover won't close completely so will buy a mini fuse tap and hopefully that will give me more room to allow the cover to clip in properly.

No updates on the car I'm still waiting to get the headlight/bumper and wing replaced, untill then im just working out what i want to do maintenance wise and collecting said parts. Well i say that ive swapped the aerial for a stubby one from Peugeot.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Just to keep this up to date although somewhat delayed.

I finally got my car repaired, so the outcome of that was brand new bumper, nsf headlight and the nsf wing repaired with a new side repeater. Still fuming about it that the person who did it drove off from the scene without so much as a note. If it wasn't for the cob van just down from where i park up outside of work i would have been looking at footing the bill myself. It turned out it was a company we use very regularly at work (i.e. 2 deliveries a day), took some hurrying along but glad its sorted now.

To go along with the new bumper, ive ordered the following to smarten the rest of the front end up:

- New osf headlight, inside adjuster balls snapped clean off.
- New headlamp washer jets
- New front numberplate
- New skoda front splitter

Today i spent a bit of time replacing the ecu cover for one that wasn't snapped. I had bought a ktec induction kit so was looking to see how that would fit (still undecided as to what im going to do as its bothering me how close to the wiring loom it sits at the moment). Standard air filter setup is still fitted as is until i decide. Also swapped the bonnet seal for the one i had brought in the group buy the other week.

Still buying parts to put on the car and other maintenance parts, today's delivered part is a PMS 19mm rear anti-roll bar, it looks great i cant wait to get it fitted.

Pile of parts amassed so far:

- Gearbox oil (6l so enough for two changes in future) inc new filler plug and washer.
- Ktec induction kit (see above, will need a new filter as the current is squashed too much for my liking)
- Lemforder track rod ends
- New coolant bottle
- New bulbs all round
- PMS Rear anti-roll bar
- Manifold - cat gasket set

Think that's about it for now, still need to give it a proper clean and take some decent photo's but always seems the weathers against me.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
So yesterday i set about a few things to get the car ready for the Mot that's due in the new year. I went into work and set about doing the following:

• Removed the front bumper to get to the OSF headlight, whilst off i replaced both the front headlight washer jets.
  • Replaced the OSF headlight with a brand new genuine unit.
  • Replaced both headlight bulbs with Osram xenarc night breaker unlimited bulbs
  • Got some free Phillips ice white 501 sidelight bulbs with the Osram bubs so stuck them in
  • Replaced the indicator bulbs with silvatech bulbs
  • Also replaced the headlamp washer pump
  • Whilst up in the air and with the wheels off i re-greased the front brake pads
I was hoping to fit the Skoda splitter but i forgot to get any self tapping screws so that will wait for another day.

Action Shot from yesterday morning:

IMG_20151219_095641_zpsjpwe5fkt.jpg

This morning i decided to upload the rs tuner 98 ron map i had brought a while ago, havn't been out in it since then but will see how it fairs in the coming week.

This morning i set about giving it a clean, didn't go the full hog as i plan to clay, machine polish and wax the car in the new year when i have a bit more time. Also plan on protecting the glass with gtechniq rain repellent and the plastic trim with gtechniq trim restorer.

Took a quick photo of the car after the clean:

DSC_0134_zps6l7iift3.jpg

Definitely missing the splitter on the front, anyway thanks for viewing.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
I should be ashamed but decided to give the Clio its first clean of 2016 yesterday. Still not got round to machine polishing the paint yet will be doing now the lighter nights and better weather is on its way.

Not done too much to the car since December, i brought a PMS cat back exhaust system so i fitted that the other weekend, but not happy with how its sitting so will have a play when i get chance again. Sound wise its perfect for me, if anything slightly on the quieter side of what i id like, but its not loud and doesn't drone on the motorway. The only other thing i've done is fitted the Skoda splitter to the front bumper.

Been buying more parts to fit to give the car a suspension/steering refresh these include:
  • Genuine cup shock absorbers
  • Genuine front top mount kits
  • Genuine steering rack bushes
  • Genuine arb bushes
  • Genuine wishbones
  • Eibach camber bolts
The above will be fitted with the current eibach pro kit springs and will fit the PMS rear arb i brought late last year.

A couple of photos i took today whilst the sun was out.

DSC_0189_zpsilrhsf4r.jpg

DSC_0185_zps0rjpe26r.jpg

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Car looks so clean man. Splitter will make a big difference too.

Sorry only just seen this now, thanks it doesn't scrub up too bad, need to get rid of the swirls as in sunshine like its been yesterday and today they stand out and make it look terrible. Now the splitter is fitted it looks right again, such a small thing but bugs you when its missing.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
July 30th 2016, Millage 112,000
So long overdue update, since March not alot has changed really just a few minor things:
  • I brought myself a private registration for my birthday so got a 3/4 front and standard rear made up and fitted.
  • Had two new hankooks v12 evo 2 fitted too the front wheels.
  • Brought a set of mlr ignition leads and braided brake lines.
  • Replaced the rear shock absorbers for genuine cup spec'd due to blowing the nsr.
  • Decided against fitting the ktec induction kit so sold that.
  • Today i gave it a engine and gearbox oil change along with rear discs and pads and steering rack bushes.
  • Brought some speedline turini's that im in the process of refurbing.
  • Managed to pick up an engine for £12.50 and a gearbox for £20 off ebay so will tinker with them.
  • Replaced o/s engine mounting.
  • Cleaned behind front arch liners.
More than anything been enjoying driving it. A few photos from since March. Thanks for viewing.

IMG_20160504_190029_zps5pftvgyj.jpg

IMG_20160527_161031_zpsrpnex3oz.jpg

IMG_20160527_161040_zpsbp4oxzx0.jpg

IMG_20160716_162526_zpsnxs35d7j.jpg

IMG_20160730_104327_zpsvgkjt2bn.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great. You bought an engine and gearbox for £32.50? A lawnmower engine yes? Or a well dead clio one? Whichever I'm interested to see what you do with it.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Car looks great. You bought an engine and gearbox for £32.50? A lawnmower engine yes? Or a well dead clio one? Whichever I'm interested to see what you do with it.

Thanks, haha nope it's definitely a clio engine and a jc5 130 gearbox. The engine was sold as spares or repairs, by the looks of it the aux belt snapped and knocked the timing out. The gearbox was sold as crunching and whining in 5th. The plan is too rebuild the gearbox and see what is salvageable on the engine and possibly rebuild that.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
Wow long time since an update, not a massive amount of change since July.

Few things done are:
  • Fitted new genuine lower wishbones
  • Fitted new genuine outer arb bushes
  • Fitted new genuine inner track rods inc new boots
  • Fitted Lemforder outer track rod ends
  • Fitted new genuine cup shock absorbers, top mounts, shock dust boots and Cooksport springs.
  • Had a spare steering wheel retrimmed by snappy and also got him to do a matching gearknob gaitor.
  • Brought some tsw 15" alloys, plan to reburb these aswell, these need 5mm spacers to fit on the rear so brought a set of 4 h & r 5mm spacers and longer wheel bolts.
Today seeing as im off work for a few days i decided to do the following:
  • Fitted one way valve inline of headlamp washers.
  • Removed front and rear bumpers, all arch liners and snow foamed with a strong snow faom/g101 mix - decided to do this as when i was replacing the steering/suspension components i noticed how much grime was everywhere.
  • Whilst had i had the bumper and arch liners off i decided to remove the acoustic valve.
Snappy Wheel and Gaitor:

IMG_20160917_150040_zpsnsevw7t9.jpg

IMG_20160917_150046_zpsmxeacpgb.jpg

TSW alloys:

IMG_20161112_121021_zpstxgiqc0r.jpg

A few pictures from today:

IMG_20161213_101123_zps4hs1zxcz.jpg

IMG_20161213_115405_zpsn2to1ou3.jpg

IMG_20161213_095854_zpsoo4hj9ph.jpg

IMG_20161213_095908_zpsxfawlm2k.jpg

IMG_20161213_103741_zpsld3zvpxt.jpg

IMG_20161213_103815_zpsd3lej2lb.jpg

IMG_20161213_114232_zpsv92rgwl5.jpg

IMG_20161213_122031_zpslgworxff.jpg

IMG_20161213_101259_zps5hmwx7sl.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Richpowell

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF, 205 GTi
So long time with no update, will update properly in the week but will leave a photo of how it stands now, yes it may be what everyone does but hey they do suit them.

20170820_104937.jpg