ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revving very oddly.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
Hi

Hope someone can help...

My car keeps revving up tp 2000 rpm when i've been sat in traffic for a while. If i leave it in gear and let the clutch almost all the way back out it will drop back down to 1000 rpm. Taking it out of gear makes no diffence.

I had a similar problem but having replaced the throttle body and cable its worked fine for months.

I think this is a different prob, as last time if i flicked the pedal a bit revs would always drop down but this time it makes no difference and there doesnt appear to be any play in pedal / cable.

Any ideas??

340i
I've just purchased a new throttle cable hoping to cure this very problem..

You dont have an air leak anywhere, check the inlet manifold and throttle body?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Common problem, and the throttle cable has always been the solution / cause as they're cack.

If not, it could be a slightly dodgy throttle body. My old ph1 had a slightly bent butterfly(?) valve which caused this before it was replaced.

340i
Just fitted a new throttle cable this evening... WOW the difference is amazing, feels like a new car :D and only took 20mins!

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
I replaced the cable a few months back and the problem just doesnt seem the same this time.

Cant work out why letting out the clutch helps to bring revs back down. Doing my head in!!!