ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs limited to 2500 - limp mode

Hi, I guess I should have posted this question in this section and not the other one - sorry.

A friend of mine is having issues with his Clio 172 53 plate. Wonder if anyone can help please ?

Car: Fully warmed up, full tank of fuel, and all fluid levels perfect.

Symptoms: Whenever I try to rev the car past around 5,500rpm’ish all power drops. The revs get stuck at about 2500rpm and fluctuate around that.
When this happens its totally unresponsive. There's nothing I can do other than turn it off.

After a restart its back to normal. But if I rev it to about 5,500rpm again exactly he same thing happens.

The warning lights seem to be on for:
1) Traction Control
2) Electrical Fault? (the middle light, second up from the bottom looks like a heartrate monitor).
3) Service Light

Does anyone have any ideas of what this fault could be or if it’s a common issue?

Thanks,
AJ9939.

Thanks. Did a search before I posted. Came up with anything from a wet throttle body, faulty throttle peddle, possible throttle peddle wiring problem, throttle position sensor etc.
We'll check that lot today, but I posted the Q to see if there are any other common faults that can cause this that we could check out before taking it for diagnostics.

ITB 428 Ph1
I had this problem when my Lamba sensor was f*cked, it was the main stream oxygen sensor, might be worth a look

Update - Took throttle body apart and cleaned it, and took all connectors apart and WD40'd them.
Put back together, and so far so good. 3 days of no issues.