ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs increasing on their own from idle.

Ph1 172.
The revs on my car will slowly increase if it left to idle. They start at 1k as normal, but then the revs slowly increase with no throttle input. if left I'm sure they would have carried on to the limiter, but i turned it off at 3k every time.

Prior to this today on the drive home the car cut out and the STOP and battery light illuminated. I restarted the car and the idle was lumpy and it cut out a few times whilst idling at the side of the road.

It eventually ran as it should an i drove home. On the way home the revs would hunt between 2-3k whilst coasting or in neutral, but the revs were also slowly increasing toward 3-4k.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 197
Don't know if you ever got a reply to this but try the throttle/inlet gasket. I had a similar problem and it can be due to a air leak