ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revisiting old games

FF RB 182
Been playing an MMORPG the past few months, me and a load of friends used to play it in school, old game but theres something fun about it and addictive. It's called 'The Myth of Soma' used to be shown on the TV Channel on sky game network, and used to have to pay to play. This is a free server with a load of work done to the original, new patch come out today. too. http://myth-of-soma.com/

I bought Uplink for the iPad the other day. Works quite well albeit not offering anything new

By introversion? The hacking sim? Used to play that when i was at school, completed it once or twice. haha

FF RB 182
I can't imagine playing it on a tablet, need a keyboard to clear the logs as fast as possible and disconnect! I couldn't type fast enough on a tablet! lol

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Been playing an MMORPG the past few months, me and a load of friends used to play it in school, old game but theres something fun about it and addictive. It's called 'The Myth of Soma' used to be shown on the TV Channel on sky game network, and used to have to pay to play. This is a free server with a load of work done to the original, new patch come out today. too. http://myth-of-soma.com/

By introversion? The hacking sim? Used to play that when i was at school, completed it once or twice. haha

I used to play legend of mir when I was in school. That was run by game network aswell.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

I remember someone trying to introduce me to myth of soma at school and I'd completely forgot about it until you mentioned it! I might give it another go because what I remember of it seems pretty appealing now.

172, Focus
I really, really used to love playing Star trek 25th anniversary and judgement rites which were dos games and really good point and click adventures

I wonder with a dos emulator it would be possible to play them on a android phone or tablet?

FF RB 182
I remember someone trying to introduce me to myth of soma at school and I'd completely forgot about it until you mentioned it! I might give it another go because what I remember of it seems pretty appealing now.

It's such a basic game but its amazing don't really know why. Can waste hours on it, and i have over the past 3 months i've been playing it. Let me know if you ever play it, can help you out with money and things.

Nothing at the mo :(

I played Myth of Soma and legend of mir. I still play Myth of soma now.. That server infact lol.. chances of that

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
It's such a basic game but its amazing don't really know why. Can waste hours on it, and i have over the past 3 months i've been playing it. Let me know if you ever play it, can help you out with money and things.

I downloaded it last night and created a character. I'll try and get on tonight if I get some time.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
After posting in this thread the other day it has come to light that one of the developers we have working for us was part of a team we used to play against in ESL and ED. Remember his username and everything.

Small world.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Borderlands isn't old lol.

I only read the first page an saw someone posted Forza 4 haha. Old as in - old to me.

In terms of OLD - I found my gameboy colour a couple of months ago. Been playing pokemon and Mario again.

We have the N64 which is permanently used for Super Smash Bros. , Mario Party & Mario Kart

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
roadrash-title-screen-sega.jpeg

25290.png

It is now my life's mission to find an emulator for the above games.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I've revisited a couple of old xbox live arcade games to play through again.

Shadow Complex, which if you haven't played it I would highly recommend, and Trials HD which I have just managed to Complete the Extreme tracks on :eek:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Any Zelda fans? Started playing Majora's mask again on the N64, tempted to buy a cheap Wii and pick up some more Zelda games. Didn't know there was so many!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Fired up the original Wasteland (1988) on Steam - along with Wizardry 6 (1992). The latter I had barely even heard of the first time around, but it plays fine on the laptop :)

D.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Huge Link to the past fan, never really got on with any other Zelda, but I'm going to get the Wii-U one with Mario Kart at the end of the month.

Bug

Megane rs250
Had a game boy advanced emulator on my phone not too long back many of hours spent playing old games

Black mk3 clio
Always end up going back to roller coaster tycoon 2 and red alert 2 every so often. Also bought the hd remake of final fantasy 10/10-2 and sunk a lot of hours into that recently.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've just been playing through Dawn of War: Dark Crusade again. Great game! Would love an updated version with a few more units, better graphics and AI and possibly a new faction or 2.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've just been playing through Dawn of War: Dark Crusade again. Great game! Would love an updated version with a few more units, better graphics and AI and possibly a new faction or 2.

Relic missed a trick with that, imo. Rather than having a handful of squads that became increasingly powerful - they should have used the base building and progression from their sibling game, Company of Heroes.

The core engine and game mechanics from CoH, married with the WH40K setting? That would have been a MUCH better game than the DoW series was. Which wasn't bad, but it could have been far superior.

D.