ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Rev' Problems after fitting Decat??

R26
On the weekend i got a Yozza decat fitted, since then a few times when ive gone to accelerate the car 'limits' at 3.5k-4k rev's?

Any ideas dudes?

R26
Total limit mate, but say if its in 3rd and wont go past 4k, if i drop it into 2nd it will rev all the way. Weird thing is id been driving it for about 30 mins then it started doing it so its nothing to do with been cold etc.

Si

RS Clio 172
yer the emissions light will be on due to the lambda... the light that comes on in limp mode is in the centre, between the dials.

E

escotty90

M8 mine was doin this a few weeks back and i have a Milltek with decat. Turned out to be a faulty lamber sensor, so i just replaced the both of them and it has run fine since.

Maybe your sensor got slightly damaged wen fitting the system (decat)... dosnt take much to damage them.

E

escotty90

p.s if its usually the sensor nearest to the manafold that causes the car to go into limp mode and limit your revs when bust.

Defo worth checkin them. If they are dead then dont go to Renault coz they charge like £100+. i got mine from some Auto parts place in Northamptomshire for bout £55-60 il find u the details if u need them.

Ed

a thirsty one
sounds like the lambda sensor has been damaged in the refitting process mate. i think it can cause limp mode via the ecu but yours seems to be on/off which is a bit unusual change the lambda sensor mate in your cat (assuming you got one which had the input and its not been cable tied up out of the way :(

they do universal lambda sensors for about £40 but best bet is a branded one is half way between the universal and the delaer prices.

R26
Im gonna get the Map sensor checked first then get a new Lambda sensor fitted, hopefully this will solve the problem. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to let me know! Cheers :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I know the 106/saxo's have issue's with the crank sensor limiting revs

Check the wiring isnt damaged to the lambda or better still if you can, get it on a diagnostics machine