ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retrofit MK3 OEM Xenons?

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
Something that I have always disliked about my 1.5 DCi I-Music is the lack of projector lenses and Xenon headlights. The car is now out of warranty and I'm willing to spend some time putting right some of the things that I feel are keeping it down. The two biggest areas that I feel need attention are the 15" alloys (Del Arte) and the headlights. Is it possible to purchase the OEM parts from Renault to change my standard halogens & reflectors over to the same setup as was available on some MK3 models? As I understand it, having aftermarket HIDs is now illegal in the UK - please correct me if I'm wrong on that. Even if they're only frowned upon by the police, I want to avoid that as well. I don't need the extra attention from our ticket happy traffic branch, but if it's possible to do the conversion legally then I'll definitely go for it.

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
Not having self levelling is one of the things I'm worried about. I have seen plenty of sheds driving around over here with badly adjusted lights cutting the eyes out of other drivers, and as I mentioned in my intro thread I do carry a lot of equipment in the back of the car most of the time which means the weight and balance of the car changes almost every day. I don't want to be dazzling people, because being dazzled on the road at night is one of my own pet hates :mad:

I've changed my reflectors to projectors on my 197 cup. One of the best mods out there styling wise in my eyes.

There are two different types of 197 projectors. One pair require the extra ballast pack from renault and the others are simply plug and play with the existing connectors.

Depends if you want HIDs or not really. For me I didn't feel the need for them so got the non ballast ones. Obviously they don't shine out the crisp white/blue light at night but I wasn't too bothered about that. The non HID ones project the light fine.

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
I definitely want to go for Xenons, it's not only for the aesthetics but also for the functionality, I've driven cars with Xenons recently and the difference between them and my halogens is like night and day. I didn't get a chance to call Adam yesterday but I'll contact him at the start of the week to price up the parts etc. I definitely won't be buying any more parts from my local dealer since reading the thread about Adams customer service. I've been paying ridiculous prices for genuine parts since I got the car.

Superleggera'd MK3
Make sure you dont ask for 197 projectors as they are a different fit :). The original mk3 and facelift projectors are also a different fit from each other :)

I-Music 1.5 DCi 86
I was under the impression that projector lenses for my car are the same as were an option on the 200?

Superleggera'd MK3
That may well be true mate, i can only
speak from experience of the pre facelift model, but i know the ones from the 197 and facelift had different fitments to mine. But they may well have changed that on the facelift as you say. Worth checking with adam and see if he knows :)