ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retaining 3-point belt with bucket seat

172 Cup
Looking to get a bucket seat (leaning towards bimarco futura) for my roadgoing hillclimb Clio.

Want to retain the normal belts for road use, is this possible? Have heard that it might be possible to use a belt extender.

Anyone have this setup, any advice welcome, I guess only other option is a reclining sports seat such as a Cobra Daytona, but don't think they'll be as supportive.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a corbeau clubsport that should be arriving by the end of the week, I've read somewhere on here before about using a peugeot 106 rear lap belt for retaining the 3 point belt so I have ordered one off ebay for £7.50 delivered, I'm aiming to keep the 3 point for day to day driving and keep the harness handy for track work.

I'll post in here with how I get on if nobody answers before hand.

Edit: One like these: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/pair-of-106-lap-belt-clips-ideal-for-bucket-converstions.780016/

172 Cup
Hi there, how have you got on? I've got my seat belt extension thingy, just wondering how folk are attaching to the seat,assuming drilling and bolting through the side mount?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I have one of these for drivers side if it helps? Came with cobra subframe (for 172) but as I'm running full harnesses it's just sat around collecting dust
Screenshot_2016-03-26-11-52-13-1.png

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi there, how have you got on? I've got my seat belt extension thingy, just wondering how folk are attaching to the seat,assuming drilling and bolting through the side mount?

Sorry buddy just seen this, I haven't got it all in the car yet, I need to pull my finger out and get it sorted :)

172 Cup
No worries, got mine fitted, particular thanks to @Ads29 who supplied the seat belt bracket which made the job a whole lot easier.

Wish I'd gone for one of the x-low sub frames though, on runners the seat still sits too high for my liking.

Would ideally like the seat belt webbing to be slightly longer. Fired off an email to a company who make custom ones but no reply as yet.