ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying a V6 255

Im really stuck on what colour to get. Ill be buying one just after my 21st (june16th) just really unsure on the colour.

74 Black Gold - Maybe
18 Mars Red - Yes
191 Illiad Blue - No
37 Titanium - Maybe
1 Deep Bronze - No chance of finding it ££££
2 Inferno - Yes.. but rare ££££
4 Lunar Grey - No
1 Moonlight - No chance of finding it ££££
8 Acid Yellow - No
18 Liquid Yellow - Yes ££££

As you can see out of the colours the vee was made in i havnt picked many id have lol, the liquids still seem to fetch 20k+ (dnt want to spend more then 17-18k) I havnt picked the illian blue as thats the common colour & i like to be differnent (iceberg&sunflower ph1s only 99 & 31 made) im not really a fan of black cars but the more i look at black v6s the more i like them still undecied :S most of the colours are rare so would be hard to find and plenty of ££££

So do i buy a Titanium silver and get it resprayed in iceberg silver? It would be resprayed by a renault paint sprayer, ive seen his work and its amazing, but do you think it would loose value? even though its a genuine renault colour just not for the 255?

If Not then its out of these :-
Mars red
Black gold
Titanium

I can remember a post when pictures of every colour the 255 came in were put up, but i cant find it does anybody have them pics? that would be a great help.

Thanks very much for any help :)

Craig

Mini Cooper S sport
If you're going to get it resprayed, get it done white or BRIGHT orange!

Failing that, spend the extra and go for a liquid yellow one

the car stands out a mile , whatever colour you have but being unique does have its good points , jay's V6 in liquid yellow is defo a wow factor

Ad

MK2 FRS
id say it will lose money as people will never understand why you have a car with mint paint resprayed. Id certainly walk away.

If you're going to get it resprayed, get it done white or BRIGHT orange!

Failing that, spend the extra and go for a liquid yellow one

I wouldnt want it to loose it value and white or bright orange would defo do that lol.

Thats exactly what it will do though if you decide to get one resprayed !
There's loads of colours out there to choose from - a vee's not exactly common anyway !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Your posts a bit confusing ,Respraying a V6 255 . Are you definitely gonna get it resprayed or does it depend on what colour you can find ? Oh yeah , and the Illiad blue is a very common colour for the vee . I must see at least half a dozen a day , everyday , lol . And why the fcuk you'd want to spray from titanium to iceberg is beyond me . Its not like the colour is a million miles away from each other is it ! That would be like spraying a mondial blue to arctic blue , 99.9% of people wouldn't even notice that it had had a colour change .

At the end of the day its down to your own personal choice , what colour floats your boat .If it was my choice i'd go for illiad blue or mars red but as its your choice then i'd say it's up to you . Surely you don't need somebody to make that decision ? If you can't make up your own mind yet sonny ask your mum ;)

BMW M135i
Hmm. Never knew they did an inferno vee, or bronze come to mind. Wouldn't mind seeing some pics of those.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ How would ya know it's had a full respray unless the seller tells you ? Unless its a back street billy budget job and its obvious that the finish isn't perfect .

I'd say it would be worth the same, although convincing a perspective buyer as to why it had had a full respray might be tricky (especially if the pain stood out as being really new !)

Your posts a bit confusing ,Respraying a V6 255 . Are you definitely gonna get it resprayed or does it depend on what colour you can find ? Oh yeah , and the Illiad blue is a very common colour for the vee . I must see at least half a dozen a day , everyday , lol . And why the fcuk you'd want to spray from titanium to iceberg is beyond me . Its not like the colour is a million miles away from each other is it ! That would be like spraying a mondial blue to arctic blue , 99.9% of people wouldn't even notice that it had had a colour change .

At the end of the day its down to your own personal choice , what colour floats your boat .If it was my choice i'd go for illiad blue or mars red but as its your choice then i'd say it's up to you . Surely you don't need somebody to make that decision ? If you can't make up your own mind yet sonny ask your mum ;)

My post seemed straight forward to me :S i dont need anybody to make my mind up, i was only asking ppls opinions if they thought a respray would make a huge difference in the value of the car when the time come to sell.

Lucky you seeing half a dozen Illiad blue v6s everyday wish i did. Commen as they were made mostly in that colour, just like the mk1s were in iceberg simple really mate.

I couldnt give a f**k if nobody could tell the difference between titanium & iceberg i can tell, thats all that matters.

There was nothing in my post saying please help me pick a colour or what colour would you have or should i get :rolleyes:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

My post seemed straight forward to me :S i dont need anybody to make my mind up, i was only asking ppls opinions if they thought a respray would make a huge difference in the value of the car when the time come to sell.

Lucky you seeing half a dozen Illiad blue v6s everyday wish i did. Commen as they were made mostly in that colour, just like the mk1s were in iceberg simple really mate.

I couldnt give a f**k if nobody could tell the difference between titanium & iceberg i can tell, thats all that matters.

There was nothing in my post saying please help me pick a colour or what colour would you have or should i get :rolleyes:

Im really stuck on what colour to get. Ill be buying one just after my 21st (june16th) just really unsure on the colour.

You say your stuck on what colour to get ! Sounds like you need help choosing a colour to me ;)

106 GTi
^^^ How would ya know it's had a full respray unless the seller tells you ? Unless its a back street billy budget job and its obvious that the finish isn't perfect .

With Renault's standard paint finish I think a full body repray would be easy to spot!

Plus I know very very few people that go to the extent of stripping a car down properly to the extent you need to for a full respray.

Give the man a cream egg,

Now tell me where in my post it says i want your help picking a colour?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It does say im unsure on what colour to get but didnt ask for your help :nono: just if anybody thought it would loose value if resprayed

106 GTi
You sayin' the standard of Renaults paint finish is crap Rich ? ;)

LOL - Yeap!

Though TBH the Orange peel is no worse than some other cars of the day, at least they get some paint on there unlike Peugeots of the past few years!

106 GTi
He still loves polishing it though unless he's trying to make the paint look better than it come out the factory lol

So true - The more I polish it the more it frustrates me though, the more shiny it gets the worse the orange peel looks.

If I was brave I would wet sand it to make it better than factory, but I bet there is as much orange peel is in basecoat.

Pick a lighter or flat colour Craig they seem to have better finshes!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Give the man a cream egg,

Now tell me where in my post it says i want your help picking a colour?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It does say im unsure on what colour to get but didnt ask for your help :nono: just if anybody thought it would loose value if resprayed

It doesn't say anywhere in your post you want my help . But i was giving my opinion . But you do clearly state that your " stuck " on what colour to get !! So that says to me you need the help of somebody , be it me or somebody else to make your mind up what colour of car to buy .

It just baffles me why you would want to spend all that money on a titanium and then even more money getting it resprayed in a similar colour . Fair enough if it was to be a totally different colour , then i could understand that .

Oh and about the creme egg . I do love em , but they just aren't as good or as big as they used to be . So i'll pass on the egg if ya don't mind ;)

PH1_172
if i was to buy one id go mars red,if i was to spray one it would be white.

But i do think if you respray a differnt colour from the log book it will loss money due to v6's being rare anyone and most people know what colour they want before they buy, its not a car you just accidentallly come accross and say mmm ill buy that

FF Black 182 + Cup Packs
no matter what colour you go for at 21 your a lucky b*****d to be owning a V!! Racing Blue would look the dogs though imho

www.renparts.co.uk
only problem is when it comes to sell... people will just assume its been in an unrecorded accident if its been resprayed...

LY V6 with Recaros
Surely the amount you would pay to get it resprayed you may as well just pay the extra and get a rarer colour like liquid anyway?

Otherwise, get it sprayed racing blue ;)