ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resistors to simulate door closure sensors?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'm currently tidying up my rear loom, removing all redundant wires and connectors.

Can resistors be used in place of the door closure sensors to spoof the airbag ecu and prevent the airbag light?

The cars a phase 2 172.

BMW M135i
Door closure doesn't have anything to do with the airbag system unless you mean something else?

Pretty sure they're a normal short anyway.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just leave them alone in "open circuit" and the courtesy lights wil stay off. If you're really tidying the loom you can remive them completely.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Door closure doesn't have anything to do with the airbag system unless you mean something else?

I'm sure the last time I unplugged a sensor to test, it thre up the airbag light. Could be wrong.

Just leave them alone in "open circuit" and the courtesy lights wil stay off. If you're really tidying the loom you can remive them completely.
So I could remove them from the loom in full Mick and no lights will show on the dash? I don't have a courtesy light, weight saving and all!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think you're confusing the courtesy light wiring with the inertia reel wiring as these ARE linked to the SRS system.

Yes, you can completely remive the lighting part of the wiring loom... once you go there though you can't go back so think if its what you really want.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

I think you're confusing the courtesy light wiring with the inertia reel wiring as these ARE linked to the SRS system.

Yes, you can completely remive the lighting part of the wiring loom... once you go there though you can't go back so think if its what you really want.
It's the two sensors at the back of door aperture by the lock strike plate I'm looking to remove.

It's a pure track car so no concerns over wanting to revert back. That day has long gone!

dci1.5 look RS
just tape it inside :D it's easier than having cables and resistors all around!

or desolder the led