ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Require standard exhaust help.

Cliosport 172 2002
I just bought my Clio 172 2002 recently, and i am very new to the forum scene, but i need a little help, the Clio i bought has a aftermarket exhaust fitted to it, and its not too my liking, its very much a bean can, and its much to loud. I am looking at getting rid of it, and i was hoping to get a standard exhaust, but i'm not sure how to get a hold of one, is it just going to be, a Renault dealer thing, or will i be able to get a hold of it from a local garage, and how much am i looking at spending? Or, should i go for a small aftermarket exhaust?

172/1.2/E30
Standard exhausts (Renault only) are expensive and rot like hell. Maybe better to get a decent stainless one (KTR/BTB/yozza...).

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Looked after they're not that bad.

I bought both halfs of a new one off ebay dirt cheap - genuine renault...

I sprayed mine up before putting it on so should hopefully stop inward rot - can't do much about the outward mind!

Cliosport 172 2002
Decent stainless steel one, ah i just had a look at the names you said, and the minimum i'm paying is £250, and up to £550, is this normal for a new cat back?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
My original lasted 8 years - only replaced it last year.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yup, nowt wrong with them imo.

Do wonder if these town cars help rot them by not getting up to temp and the systems collecting condensation inside

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yup, nowt wrong with them imo.

Do wonder if these town cars help rot them by not getting up to temp and the systems collecting condensation inside

Definitely Gaz. Getting the exhaust hot does wonders for their life-expectancy. Managed to get 60k out of mine and a good 5 years. Bloody good going for an OEM 182 backbox section. ;)

D.