ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing tie & track rod ends yourself.

Iceberg 172
Hey Guys,

went to get tracking done on my car today, clio 1.4, but there is play in my steering. They advised replacing the track rod ends and tie rods, is this an easy job to do yourself? and is there anything else worth doing while its all off as well?

Thanks,
Dan

182 Cup & DCi 172
It can be an easy job or the biggest ball ache in the world.

I did a pair on my 182 yesterday - had to cut the nut/stud off the hub with a grinder as rust had got hold of it.

Then once it was free of the hub I used stilsons and an adjustable spanner to remove it from the steering rod.

There is a section which takes a 13mm open ended spanner on the rod but these rarely work from my experience.

Civic
Hey Guys,

went to get tracking done on my car today, clio 1.4, but there is play in my steering. They advised replacing the track rod ends and tie rods, is this an easy job to do yourself? and is there anything else worth doing while its all off as well?

Thanks,
Dan

It is also the easy way of replacing.