ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing the back cover (iPhone 3G)

182 Cup
Could anyone reccomend the best way to get the back cover off and replace it with a new one. I have a 16GB 3G iPhone although it has a crack in the back cover, bought a new shiny white back cover off ebay to replace the current black one. I cant for the life of me get the back off. Removed the 2 tiny screws and tried to prize it but no luck. Looks like its pulling the 2 bottom speakers up with it and dont want to damage it.

I've looked on ebay and cant see any pictures or anything. Has anyone on here managed to do this? Would you reccomend just taking it to one of these little phone stalls on the market and letting them do it?

Regards

182 Cup
Yes dude checked theres all sorts on there but cant seem to find anything regarding replacing the back cover

Titanium 182
You can't very easily, proper proper effort invalidates your warranty and stuff is glued to it if I remember correctly..

182 Cup
Got 10 days warranty left, booked in with apple on saturday for it replacing under warranty, fingers crossed they will do it

182 Cup
Took it back to Apple this morning and they swapped it for a brand new phone with 5 days warranty remaining :D

So I have a brand spanking new iphone :D yey!

There was a lad in front of me trying to blag them saying his phone weren't working, it looked battered. So she said OK i'll go in the back and swap it you for a new one as we dont repair the hand sets we just replace them. This put a right smile on his face.

Next min she came back out with this tool thing with like a light on it, said sorry we cannot swap it, the iphone has litmus paper in it and this machine determines its been water damaged!! Muwhahaha pwned!!!!!! Apples designers arn't stupid! ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
they did the litmus paper test on mine lo. I s**t myself cause i use it in the gym and it gets COVERED in sweat!