ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing standard wishbone bushes

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Evening chaps. I'm going for a suspension refresh on the 182 so it's not a pile of sloppy dump to drive. I've done all the other bits before but never the wishbone bushes.

I'd like to do it all at home if poss unless I definitely need a press. What's the deal with getting the old ones out and the new ones in.

I've already ordered them so no powerflexing! A previous thread search doesn't reveal a definative answers. Piccies would be great.

phase 1 flamer 172
Doing the same, my press has broke so I tried making up a tool using a piece of studding, didn't work. I found a heavy hammer with carefull blows as you don't want to be bashing the w/bone, removed all 4 quite easily. Used a short bit of 2 inch pipe to support around the bush and they must be removed outwards, Have not tried to refit new ones yet.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Doing the same, my press has broke so I tried making up a tool using a piece of studding, didn't work. I found a heavy hammer with carefull blows as you don't want to be bashing the w/bone, removed all 4 quite easily. Used a short bit of 2 inch pipe to support around the bush and they must be removed outwards, Have not tried to refit new ones yet.
Ahh, I was thinking of a piece of threaded rod so I'll throw that out the window! Will maybe have to chuck the garage a tenner to use their press.

If you buy new complete arms (relatively inexpensive), the bushes come for free!
I'm saving myself over £30 doing this!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Well thats depressing :S

I've got to do it now I've bought the bits. I shall conquer.

phase 1 flamer 172
Actually I found it very satisfying when the bush,s came out, thought it would take ages when the studding didn't work.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
What a total fail, I give up and am ordering new ones.

56EDF433-2E0D-4BDA-A688-BBA9AF3E5382_zpsaycxepx6.jpg