ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing seat belts clio 182

Renault Clio 182
Hi guys. My seat belts look crap, so I've just brought ones from ebay, they have arrived and look mint.... Now to fit them....
ive heard horror stories about new ecu or reprogramming etc etc, but that was when the guys were replacing due to pre tensioners going off, I'm just replacing mine for cosmetic purposes. Any links on 'how to' would be great, if it can't be done easily not a problem they didn't cost much.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Are your original ones just dirty (silver ones?)

If so they are piss easy to clean, pull the belt all the way outside the car, close the door, jet wash, will look brand new.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Hi guys. My seat belts look crap, so I've just brought ones from ebay, they have arrived and look mint.... Now to fit them....
ive heard horror stories about new ecu or reprogramming etc etc, but that was when the guys were replacing due to pre tensioners going off, I'm just replacing mine for cosmetic purposes. Any links on 'how to' would be great, if it can't be done easily not a problem they didn't cost much.

No reprogramming. They aren't wired in in the 182, just a mechanical device. Some cars have rear pretensioners on the belts.

Take the rear door card off.

Front belts, undo the torx on the belt rail. Rotate the rail 90 degrees and pull out. Torx bit on the belt mech, bolt on the top clamp.

Rear ones are just a load of torx bits next to where they pull out.

Renault Clio 182
No reprogramming. They aren't wired in in the 182, just a mechanical device. Some cars have rear pretensioners on the belts.

Take the rear door card off.

Front belts, undo the torx on the belt rail. Rotate the rail 90 degrees and pull out. Torx bit on the belt mech, bolt on the top clamp.

Rear ones are just a load of torx bits next to where they pull out.

awesome thanks a lot!!

Renault Clio 182
Are your original ones just dirty (silver ones?)

If so they are piss easy to clean, pull the belt all the way outside the car, close the door, jet wash, will look brand new.

yeah the silver ones, they arnt just dirty they look like really oily and greasy. Brought ones from eBay look brand new for £40 plus I love ripping my car apart and putting it back together lol.