ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Headunit

Hi all,

I picked up my Racing Blkue Clio 200 with cup chassis. I liked the car during the testdrive and knew from reviews it would be good but had no idea it would this good until I got it out on my own on a quiet and twisty B road.

Anyway, the only thing that has dissapointed me is the quality of the stereo. You will know how quiet the volume is, and when turned up to MAX at level 32 it starts to distort but still isnt particlalry loud. I think I will replace the heaunint which will allow me to make bluetooth calls also. If the sound still isnt great I may then replace the speakers.

I am thinking of getting this as it has everything I want and I am a fan of Pioneer

http://www.caraudioni.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2424

Some questions: which adapter do I need to make the steering controls work?

http://www.caraudioni.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=145_102_567_571

Also I have read elsewhere that some new headunits will result in loss of the built in display. Is this loss of track listings etc or will the entire display go blank and so losing the clock and outside temp also? I have also seen a suggestion that the screen may stay active with Pioneer headunits so it may still work.

Thanks all in advance,

Pedro.

Black 182 FF
Hi all,

I picked up my Racing Blkue Clio 200 with cup chassis. I liked the car during the testdrive and knew from reviews it would be good but had no idea it would this good until I got it out on my own on a quiet and twisty B road.

Anyway, the only thing that has dissapointed me is the quality of the stereo. You will know how quiet the volume is, and when turned up to MAX at level 32 it starts to distort but still isnt particlalry loud. I think I will replace the heaunint which will allow me to make bluetooth calls also. If the sound still isnt great I may then replace the speakers.

I am thinking of getting this as it has everything I want and I am a fan of Pioneer

http://www.caraudioni.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2424

Some questions: which adapter do I need to make the steering controls work?

http://www.caraudioni.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=145_102_567_571

Also I have read elsewhere that some new headunits will result in loss of the built in display. Is this loss of track listings etc or will the entire display go blank and so losing the clock and outside temp also? I have also seen a suggestion that the screen may stay active with Pioneer headunits so it may still work.

Thanks all in advance,

Pedro.

Not sure about the 200, but on the 182 you would need the stalk adaptor - MT Audio on here sells them and also I think only Alpine head units can retain the display.

Mini Cooper S sport
I had a similar issue with the Meg. I got one which works with the stalk controls, but not the display - which has just said RENAULT since I changed it, but that doesn't bother me.

PS 200
I would start with the speakers before the H/U. If they are crap they will remain crap with your new H/U.
This.

But the STD Head unit is pish too.

New Head Unit, New Speakers - At least then you can get some decent volume.

MTAudio sorted me with the correct stalk adaptor (cnstr006 or something like that).

The display still shows the time & temp but no tracks / radio stations etc.

i have the same problem i just didnt bother with the steering wheel controls but now that people are chatting about it i would quite like them back.

im not fussed about having the screen working.

i have an arctic with the built in satnav. the radio used to use the top of the screen now its just black at the top.

the radio i have is the sony MEX-BT2600, does anyone know the stalk adaptor i would need for this.

cheers mates