ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing centre section with straight through pipe?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
My scorpion centre section has just started blowing, is it possible to just make it a 'straight through' pipe to the cat? 172 ph2 btw

ta, Craig

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Powerflow would make up a straight through centre section for about £60 I should imagine.

Cheers lads, had the centre section replaced with a straight through pipe today, cost me £30 :D sounds a bit deeper now but not too loud, really pleased with it.

monaco 172
Cheers lads, had the centre section replaced with a straight through pipe today, cost me £30 :D sounds a bit deeper now but not too loud, really pleased with it.

Got any info on this mate? Seems a much cheaper alternative to me having to splash 400 notes on a new system. Does it sound much different to if I kept stock backbox and cat and just put a straight though center section on?

Will I loose any power by doing it?

As i understand my mechanic has basically removed the centre section from the cat to the backbox, and replaced it with a straight piece of pipe. £30 is mates rates, as said above may cost £60+ from the likes of powerflow etc, Sounds a little bit deeper than standard, although that will depend on what silencer and backbox you have on at the min :)