ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing bonnet catch

car went into renault today to have the bonnet catch looked at. its at fault and they've quoted me £155 supply & fit inc VAT. however i've found one cheaper and will just fit it myself.
anyone replaced a the bonnet catch and lock before? is their a guide on it (had a search but couldn't find anything)?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Isnt the recall on ph2's only ?

maybe if his is a ph1 then it would have been done once, therefore renault have checked and noticed its done therefore charging him,

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Had it replaced on both ours, mk2 ph2 172 and mk2 ph1 1.4. No questions asked, but had had a couple letters come through from our local dealer, because used them for parts before.

Was only expecting an inspection but the changed them there and then.

Just book it in at a dealer for a bonnet latch recall inspection, if it's got the slightest issue, they'll replace them.

it was booked in for the bonnet latch recall. they checked the records on the car and it had been done back in 2004 (i think, I wasn't the owner then).
anyone got a guide on replacing it with a new one?

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
My new clio has a slightly rusted catch/latch whatever, but as I am not the original owner I don't know if it was ever replaced, I have already phoned Renault (B'ham) and they said they only changed them under warranty, is this true or are they trying to get money out of me?

If I don't have a recall letter am I not entitled to a free replacement?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
any chance of a brief run through of replacing it? anything I should look out for or need to be aware of? any problems you encountered?

Its very simple on most cars mate, open the bonnet, take a look, and you'll 99% be able to see how to do it yourself. Cable just clips out iirc

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have taken both my clios into renault and they fit new catches for free no questions asked.

Dont know if they have been in before but considering my current car is ex fleet I presume it would of been in for the recall.