ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement standard shocks or cheapy cheap coilovers?

As per thread title, fi you had need to replace a shock absorber, would you buy a pair fo shocks for £200 or a set of new coilovers with 3 year warranty for the same price?

clio 172
well i got the same issue as you and because i don't want the insurance to go up and i don't drive that fast round corners any more well only fast some times lol

any ways i am going to get two new shocks for the front..

clio sport 172
I opted for coilovers at the time, but since have got a job travelling nearly 800miles a week! So sometimes wish i had gone OEM, but it doesnt bother me that much and it looks sweet being low. Worst part of having coilies for me is the roads near where i live (N Wales) are poo :(

clio sport 172
I got a set of......dont laugh........Raceland from Ktec, i needed 2 front struts and springs - £200 or all round coilies for £250, with warranty! Had to do it!

The ride isnt that bad, probably be better if i didnt have them as low as i could without it catching ;)

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Iv got some front shocks off my ph1, took them off at around 35k so in good condition. You can have them for £20 if you want, only in solihull too!!

Looking for 182
I had a similar dilemma and I opted for Ktec coilovers. I love the ride height, and now I have a rear ARB the handling is spot on. The only downside is that a lot of the roads I drive aren't great and they can be a bit uncomfortable.

clio sport 172
I had a similar dilemma and I opted for Ktec coilovers. I love the ride height, and now I have a rear ARB the handling is spot on. The only downside is that a lot of the roads I drive aren't great and they can be a bit uncomfortable.

Does it make that much of a difference?? Mine also seems to sit higher on one side of the rear but they both set as low as it will go?

Same dilema I had, my shocks are well and truley gone... Went for some K-tec coilovers as they were cheaper than replacing all the shocks and one or two springs.

Had them on my last Clio and thought they were ok TBH, not as bad as people make out.

R53 Cooper S
You really do get what you pay for with suspension, personally i'd rather stick to OEM on the 182 rather than the cheap s**tey raceland/rokkor coilovers.

What car is it for?

Megane RS 250
Don't you have any company that refurbish and readjust the oem shocks in the UK? There are a few here in Italy, for 300€ fitting included they revalve the shocks, change the oil and, on request, shorten them to go with lowering springs.

Megane RS 250
Usually OEM 200 £, Koni 600£.
If only Biltein B6 and B8 would be availble for the RS...