ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rent an RSTuner? (NorthEast)

Mk2 172 Cup
Was unsure where to post this so I apologise If it's in the wrong section.
Are there any company's/people that rent an rstuner or anybody local that could map my car for abit of cash?

Shake n Bake

ClioSport Club Member
  182, 182T
People tend to buy the RSTuner, map their car then sell them on, I may have one for sale soon if the boy doesn't pay up. Can get remaps at garages as well but I can't help you there!

Ph2 172
Won't work the way you're proposing as the RSTuner is locked to your VIN # when you use it. Just buy one, it's a lot less hassle. Worth keeping a hold of anyway for the diagnostics side of things.

Black 182 FF
Was unsure where to post this so I apologise If it's in the wrong section.
Are there any company's/people that rent an rstuner or anybody local that could map my car for abit of cash?

Problem is you're looking at the price of an unlock code for your car, plus another unlock code to get the Tuner working again on whoever has lent it to you. So from memory that's the thick end of about 90 quid.

Better off buying one off here for a similar price, then unlocking it yourself for £45(ish) and then selling on for the price you bought it for.

Mk2 172 Cup
Problem is you're looking at the price of an unlock code for your car, plus another unlock code to get the Tuner working again on whoever has lent it to you. So from memory that's the thick end of about 90 quid.

Better off buying one off here for a similar price, then unlocking it yourself for £45(ish) and then selling on for the price you bought it for.
What sort of money do they do second hand?

They sell for the same price you buy them for on here, so you're only renting it when you buy second-hand anyway.

If you find one with the maps then it will only cost you the unlock code, then you just sell it on for what you bought it for.

172 Cup
Buying one new, €199 comes readily unlocked/with licence doesn't it? So for the chew on of waiting for one to come up and be successful getting it (they sell pretty rapid) then getting the licence. I'll probably buy new and sell it on as being the latest version with the very latest software as you wouldn't loose out much more than buying second hand surely!

172 cup
I am currently looking for one as well mine allready has the 98ron map on it but was looking to put the pop and bang map on or crackle map what ever its called so how would i go around and sort this out and be able to do it cheers . 98ron map was on my 172 cup when i bought it . So looking to start again and put other map on any help be great . Sorry to barge in here .

172 Cup
Pretty marginal to be honest, couple HP maybe? It's more to improve characteristics of the engine

Titanium 182
I'll probably end up buying a new one as well keep missing out on the 2nd hand ones

assuming a brand new ones comes with 98ron map?

Ph2 172
It does come with a map. It's such a faff buying one second hand, I have no idea why people bother. The idea of buying them (second hand) with the maps is risky also. There are different types of ECU and different ECU software already installed on them, a 98RON map for one car may not be compatible with another.

HtK

Clio Expression 1.2
In the NE Seaview Performance do some great work quite cheap, might be an idea to check them out.

Clio 182 FF
My old man was going to give me his Tuner and was told all i had to do was by the licence for it? Im guessing this is a no go then??

It does come with a map. It's such a faff buying one second hand, I have no idea why people bother. The idea of buying them (second hand) with the maps is risky also. There are different types of ECU and different ECU software already installed on them, a 98RON map for one car may not be compatible with another.

Mine came with 182 maps when I bought mine secondhand, they were earlier maps that werent locked to any car, so it was easy as pie!

You can see all the ECU version etc when you plug it in, so there's really no risk.

350z - gone :(
Yeah they are cheap enough to buy to begin with!

Seemed if you bought one for 100 squid then spent all the money on licenses buying the maps and unlocking it your looking at the price of a new one! best off buying new to begin with and then selling it on when your done with it

Is there much difference with power gain/ driveabilty when compared to a rolling road remap from Ktec for example

172 Cup
Ah good to hear! think I'm gonna get mine ordered as an Xmas present.. For my girlfriend..

Clio 182 FF
Well my old mans map worked on my car so happy days, not bad considering ive only paid for the licence!!

JLK

1.2 Replica
If I want to clear Airbag fault codes, can I just buy the Standard RStuner or do I have to purchase the extra airbag module aswell?