ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport trackday - Silverstone Video

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Just a few laps from early in the day. By god it was slippy on 888s! As you can see, not many on track at that point. White 200 that comes screaming past is an instructor ;)
Silverstone national is not the most inspiring track, but it's nice and wide and good for sliding around on without too much worry.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbmuWzLvHa8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbmuWzLvHa8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Golf GTD Mk7
Does look a bit damp. Never had any issues with my r888s in similar condition. What did you think of silverstone? Is it a bit big for the clio?

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
I think Silverstone is particularly slippy in the wet owing to the amount of rubber laid on the track from all the racing. You literally have to drive around the outside of every corner unless you're on the new tarmac. I didn't think it was anywhere near as fun a track to drive as Oulton or Cadwell, or even Brands TBH. But in those conditions it was fun improving car control.

Golf GTD Mk7
Yeah that's what sort of puts me off racing there really. Went round for a few laps at WSR a few years back, but didn't think much of it. Prefer donny really.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Good video, I went on silverstone in my tracked 106 gti the other year, was raining, VERY slippy and sideways, nearly fell to sleep after 2 laps as i was bored. lol. Donington Park FTW.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Camera is a Vholdr Contour HD. Basically designed as a headcam. About £300 all-in.

I agree with the comments Re Silverstone being boring!

im out there next week, did it in september but agreed its no donington, gutted its in the state it is :(

apparently im doing full circuit next week... which is nice

good vid btw