ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport parts for 172 - part nos

Does anyone have part numbers/prices for the following official RenaultSport parts:-

* Inlet manifold

* Group N ECU (for different engine variants...172, Cup)

* Cam/ECU kit

Thanks!!

inlet manifold : 8200 251 605 (same as on Clio 182 Bhp)

Exhaust Orbisound : 7711 151 188

Ecu : 7711 151 295

Cam I don´t know. It´s a b**ch drive anyway to run it.

If you change manifold, airfilter (K&N insert with moded coldair intake), Exhaust and ECU you will get around 188 Bhp

Cheers

Tony say if you take a 182 engine and a 172 engine will they both reach similar ammounts of hp when modded. i.e when I had my SRi Primera (same engine as GT Primera) once i had swapped all the bits with after market bits I was making the same/more than most of the GTs with the same aftermarket bits.

If I understand it correctly, the 182 is the 172 engine with a new inlet manifold, ECU and free-er flowing air filter. So, mod the 172 with those parts (minus the cams) and itll make very similar power to the 182. No point in fitting the parts to the 182 as they come free with it!!

tonykart - have you fitted some or all of these parts? If so, please tell us of your experience with them. And whats so bad about the cams? Is the cam/ECU package from Renaultsport a GroupN rally setup or something i.e. not really suitable for road use?

The 182 is a modded 172. Motorwise there has been nothing done. They changed inlet porting (see 8200 number) and they changed the exhaust.Now it is a stainless Orbisound with twin outlet. (I have the raceversion with single outlet)They upgraded the mixture in the ecu and they went to 182 Bhp.

@jj172 if you search here on this forum there will be some pics of my car and all Ive done with it. Yes I have the whole conversion over a 1.5 year allready. (the inlet manifold was designed for cup racing by RenaultSport in France in 2002) I also have a bigger TB (I heared not buyable at RS in Dieppe it was a special, made by a friend of mine at Moteur Huger in LeMans)

The Cams are sh*t to run cause I own a Mk1 and when I bought the car (through RenaultSport Holland, it was a stock MK1 with a DTTC engine, as they stopped racing renault in DTCC in 2002 there was a spare engine) the cams where in. I did not like the drivability at lower revs very honky. And at idle and thick traffic it was not so fun either. But fast indead but where is the limit. As I use the car every day to go to work I want a nice drive.

Cheers

Fantastic - thanks tonykart!! So can these items (inlet manifold, Group N ECU) be ordered through RenaultSport UK (i.e. the supplier to the Cup Racer teams) or indeed through Renault UK? Do you have any idea on price?

Also, is the nos for the Orbisound exhaust you quoted the new or old one? Is the one you have (old one) street legal and stainless or steel? Cant say I like the new twin exit that much!!

I got the stuff through France (as I am involved with cupracing here in Holland I have a little access to the mailto:guys@Dieppe">guys@Dieppe). Exhaust and manifold you can order through the cup racer team. If you have a little access the guys will help you out)

You have to ask Renaultsport in UK, here in Holland you CANNOT order through your local dealer, there are NO 7715 and 8800 numbers in the maincomputer.

Pricing of the manifold is somewhere around € 200 , The exhaust is a lot of cash (I got it for free but ok) normaly you pay for complete set with manifold around € 1200. Ecu is a different story my car runs with a Magnetti Marelli box and you have the stock Siemens ECU so no pricing on that one.

Fro exhaust see picture it is stainless all the way and a sound YOU cannot imagine !!http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1069751863__2.jpg

Excellent! Thanks again!

A friend of mine runs a couple of cars in the UK Clio Cup Series, so Ill run the numbers past him and see what prices come back!! Are there different part nos for different 172 engine variants e.g. 732 and 736

FYI there is a catalogue of spareparts on the market ask them tha numba is 7711 156 400 there are ALL Cup Group N parts in. Also there is a catalogue of the 182 Bhp versionchange I do not know the number of that one.

P.s. dont forget its a b**ch to install the new manifold on the car, you have to disassemble quite a bit to get there !

Tony, is the number of the ECU for the Mk1 or the mk2 fbw?

Anyone know if its the same ecu that Hillpower supplies?

Lars

The numba is for the MK1, even as we run MK2 in racing we do NOT use FBW, and use the TB of the MK1.

Dunno if its the same as Hillpower. Max revs in Cupracing is 7450 Rpm. in ALL gears

Quote: Originally posted by tonykart on 25 November 2003

P.s. dont forget its a b**ch to install the new manifold on the car, you have to disassemble quite a bit to get there !
True! I had a modified manifold fitted at Hillpower yesterday and it took Nick the best part of three hours to remove the throttle body and all the surrounding castings and slacken off the alternator belt and god knows what else. The top engine mount even had to be removed and the engine was then jacked up to help give access. A real pain in the neck, but he did a fine job. :D

Will get it rolling roaded to before confirming any benefits (hopefully a week on Saturday)! My own opinion is that the car feels quicker (Id say about the same amount again as the decat released) and I think the last 2500 revs feel less restricted.

The damage to me was light as it was development work, but given the amount of cursing about the F4R engine, I guess Nick will want a bit more if and when he releases it!

Rhys

PS: When my car was RRd I got 1bhp less peak power than the standard 172s, but when I overlaid my graph onto the standard ones, I had clearly gained mid-range power and torque. I think by peak revs the standard exhausts restricts the output.

Jip ive seen the picture its almost the same as mine, the brand is orbisound and they made it in normal steel and stainless. Well Cliocup Holland was so lucky to et it in Stainless and from 2002 they where illigal cause of sound emission at the two dutch tracks (zandvoort en assen) They swapped to Laser which is also a stainless exhaust and looks stock. Sounds a lot less and less power (yes we measured it) So our team had 6 obsolete stainless orbisound exhausts.

I also have a little RenaultSport sign lasered in the endmuffler is it also with yours ? and I have the racecat and header also with it from orbisound.

Cheers

LASER and Renauls Sport Netherlands have developed a special race exhaust for the <A onmouseover="" href= "http://www.renaultmotorsport.co.uk/cliocup/index.htmClio Cup Cars. Motivated by the possibilities of the car but frustrated by environmental sound restrictions supplied by several European circuits the LASER R&D team has presented a special cup exhaust that meets up to all sound and power standards.

As the Cup racers are based on the CLIO II road versions the LASER race exhaust is available for every standard Clio, including the latest facelift. The Deeptone sound guarantees the true race feeling while the stainless steel quality guarantees a long lifetime.

mailto:m@thew">m@thew I couldnt send you a message so heres my answer on your question :

Chip and Cam will bring you to around 190 Bhp but the torque from 4500 is enormous I guess you will be probably have 240 nm. But I would never go for the cam (idles bad and not so nice of a drive in thick traffic at least thats what I noticed) It also depends what kind of chip you use. I would go for one that raises the limiter till max. 7600 Rpm.

FYI the Supersprint looks very nice is it also 76 mm inside diameter as the Orbisound of me and cliosport.nu ??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Complete Change of Subject, Why the screen name ( TonyKart ) Its just that i race 1!! Dont know if theres a connection.

Ali

mailto:m@tthew">m@tthew - how loud is the Supersprint, and how much was it/who supplies them? As tonykart said, is it basically the same as the Oribisound - diameter, etc.?

I raced 100 cc Iame for Tonykart, and later 125 cc shifters for recreation. Engine 100 cc was Vortex 125 cc first TM later 125 Pavesi rotating

The supersprint I have is 70mm, but from what im told they no longer sell this only the 63.5mm one. The exhaust is very loud and would be no good if you spend much time on the motorway.