ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Owners.........

Honda S2000

I think im going to start letting on to other RS owners. Try and spread a bit of Renaultsport love. I think id rather be known as the loony girl in the Cup than the ignorant one!

Nimbus Clio 197

good point......! well give me a wave if you see me around warrington, mine has got 17" black alloys (which i think ill be changing, not keen) so it should stand out a fair bit!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.

I have only had it once so far, but I have just got my car this week. Some banger coming of a round about on to the motorway.

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 29 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 29 July 2005Please think before you post, dont turn this into a driving tales thread. :)Er.. OK...

Post wasnt amimed at you, it was a friendly reminder to everyone.

3.0ltr V6

Ive had this on loads of occasions but my reaction is all dependant on my mood. Sometimes I cant be bothered to rise to it as its plain silly to be challenged in a V6 but other times I just want to show them how silly they are! Just laugh at them most of the time. :D

Ive had plenty of clios try it also plenty of other low powered hatches. These days i let them get on with it as ive no interest in wasting extra petrol to show them who is boss.

my dads has it all the time in his 172 - usually with badged up black 1.2 clios, they cant believe it when they get hammered by a 58 yr bloke !!
the look on their faces is priceless.

even when i had my valver & people in 1.2 clios (or whatever slow car)would give it from the lights, my dad would tell me to smoke them.

the worst has to be idiots in 318i bmws though - they need to get a life.

know what you mean beemer drivers are the worst especially young lads in 316 s and 318 s not really worth it. did have a play with a v6 blue a while back near sandiway anyone on hear? was heading warrington way.

Civic Type-S "Sports" are really quite slow, I dont believe the 8.2 0-60 speed they claim, I keep up with them without much trouble.

Racin Blue 182

On the waving front - I generally wave but with mixed results - some RS Clio owners look at me like Im a crazy man!! But Im still gonna do it!

[Edited by cli0 172 on 29 July 2005 at 4:45pm]

Edited as no driving tales allowed

Scott

Lol only chavs would embarrased themselves by racing RS clios. I know when I see a 172/valver or higher in my dynamique, I kindly stay back for fear of getting real blapsed!

Of course if another non RS Clio came along then I think its only human to give it a little ago ;)

Golf R/Leon FR

i get this allt he time carbon, just before i got in i ahd a chav in a 1.2 corsa try it on,

but it happens regularly!!!

E91 M Sport

My current car draws loads more losers that sit on my back bumper than my Clio V6 used to (I dont remember one actually with the clio!)....but I havent had one stay there yet.*

(*unless my oil temp is <60 c in which case Im slower than Miss Daisy :p)

I hated it at first but I love it now. I usually use one of two options available to me, both are satisfying in their own way...

1) The simple option, just use a bit of power and say goodbye. I joined a roundabout in front of a 106 cruise last weekend, just driving at my normal pace I was well away from them in seconds without even breaking the NSL limit, despite the fact they were clearly trying to "keep up". Far from racing it was the safest thing to do by a long way as they were driving like they didnt fancy living much longer.

2) Just say sod it and slow right down, especially if they are stuck to your back bumper. This has two potential outcomes, a well educated boy racer will often stay right behind, knowing that your car could be off in the distance within seconds if you wanted to, even though they would usually immediately pass a car going 30 or so in a 40. Alternatively they will get frustrated as anything and eventually overtake. You need to be confortable with yourself to do this, but if it means they get to go online and say they wasted a 172 Cup in their 1.1 Corsa, well, someone will knowingly laugh at them eventually...

172 cup'd extreme

i love the VTRs and corsa sports trying to have a go with me not many people have a dymanique with a 172 engine!

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

I never race a RS, but i do try to get up near them to see if their a cliosporter, in my never ending quest to spot someone. lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Mike_SE on 29 July 2005

carbon and kelly, a couple of guys there from near warrington then? thats where i live! not not my 172 Cup yet (will do on monday), maybe ive seen you b4?! ive got a green calibra v6 at the min with 18s? looking forward to having the pocket rocket now......
Mike, does your Calibra have a big rear wing on it?.....if so, i see you all the time!

Heres my car. Its a Mk1 172 with gunmetal Mk2 wheels. Look out for it in Warrington if your out and about.;)

....oh, and im a waver too....well...i raise my hand/flash lights.:oops:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/f62b827d.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/poolsidefashionfauxpas/W52%20AOO/47aa3439.jpg

--chris

Nimbus Clio 197

hi mate, thats a nice car there! no way, i know the calibra you mean, its a disgrace! mine is a *little* bit more subtle than that......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Mike_SE/P7160165.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Mike_SE/P7160165.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Mike_SE/P7160177.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Mike_SE/P7160177.jpg

HOWEVER: this will be my car as of monday morning...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Mike_SE/clio.jpghttp://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Mike_SE/clio.jpg

[Edited by Mike_SE on 29 July 2005 at 6:30pm]

[Edited by Mike_SE on 29 July 2005 at 6:32pm]

[Edited by Mike_SE on 29 July 2005 at 6:36pm]

A few people have tried it on my car. I cannot be bothered even showing them how quick it is. Most of then drive dangerously anyway so what the point theyll probably just end up pushing it to far and crash and Ill feel guilty.

Nimbus Clio 197

im sure i will chris! one of my mates has got a 51 reg silver 172 so i know that ill like my Cup.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 29 July 2005Happens with just about every other model of car, but never Clios for some reason.

Just happened that I was going for a nice evening drive when a black Honda Integra Type R was up my arse going over a Caerphilly mountain (couldnt go faster unless I wanted to ram the cars in front and my patience was starting to wear thin)

Removed - no driving tales please. - Cheers Simon.

Got to a roundabout to part our ways and I slowed down looked over tossed my ponytail and thought smugly" Youve been tangoed"!!!

[Edited by _simon_ on 7/29/2005 8:54:21 PM]

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 29 July 2005

Beemers are the most satisfying to pull away from after theyve inserted their front bumper up the ass of your car.
A Mercedes did that to me coming home as we went down a motorway sliproad, I left him FAAAAAAR behind :D.

I dont really get people trying it on, probably because Im a girl and it would be too embarrassing if they lost :devilish:.

Volvo S60 T5

Well most of the time when im out it happens, most of the time I dont even bother but sometimes get the urge to make them feel inferior esepecially when I hit the red button:D

Honda S2000

Mike, do you live near Penketh or drive down the dual carriageway alot? I always see a calibra down there. There was one parked at the Golf driving range near Smiths too.

Honda S2000

Sorry! Mike_SE I meant! Im too lazy to type peoples full forum names! but if im ever in Portsmouth ill look out for you!

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Kelly_ on 29 July 2005

I think im going to start letting on to other RS owners. Try and spread a bit of Renaultsport love. I think id rather be known as the loony girl in the Cup than the ignorant one!

Yeah Kelly you keep waving to me when I drive past and spot you in the hedge! LMAO

Only kidding

I may stop and say hi

Nimbus Clio 197

kelly, yeah i live in sankey which is near penketh as im sure u know! drive down the dual carriageway a fair bit yeah. mine is green, with 18" Wolfrace Ikon alloys, take a look at the pics above, check if its my beast! are u often around penketh? havent spotted a cup around there b4

Nimbus Clio 197

and i park my car along that road that leads to the driving range too, as i work near there.

ps. i DO often see a Cup parked near the police station or Bank Quay train station. looks a very tidy example too

[Edited by Mike_SE on 30 July 2005 at 12:21am]

CLIO

chris you ready for our photo shoot,when will it be a week on monday or tuesday....i get loads of nobs in novas etc tryin to race at the lights,i just let them go,hopefully they will rap it round a lamp post.....let me know about the photo shoot chris....cheers james

Honda S2000

Mike, I have definately seen your car. One of my mates has a calibra so I always look to see if its him. I have been going the driving range quite a bit (sad I know, Im total crap). You better be careful parking your car along that road. The train spotters can be a rowdy bunch!!

Hi Tom, Ive not seen you in a while.... of have I?? ;)

Quote: Originally posted by jay on 29 July 2005

I had a Mazda 3 (TS i think) in front of me this morning trying to put his foot down at every oppotunatey to get away from me. He failed at every attempt :devilish:
I have a mazda 3 (2l sport) now and its no where near as quick as my 172 was. He was a muppet.

Nimbus Clio 197

haha yeah, dodgy bunch, the train spotters eh! lol

well, you prob heard my car too, as its quite loud whe i put my foot down! will be a hell of a lot different in this Clio.

ill be out in it loads next week, as ill be made up with it i hope! so keep a look out....