ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Clio 200 - unusual service intervals?

E92 M3, BG 182
Hi
I've seen a Renaultport Clio 200 for sale which I am considering buying. It's looks in really good condition - Recaros are good, paintwork is mint etc but the only thing putting me off is the service intervals. I thought the intervals on a 200 were 12K miles or 2 years - whichever comes first. The car I'm looking at has been serviced every 12 months according to the stamps but this one has gaps of 15K between first and second service and 17K between second and third service and I'm wondering if its best to leave well alone because of this? Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Wouldn't put me off personally. Buy on current condition, not on something that happened in the service history a few years ago.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Alot of cars will have most likely missed one or two service intervals, might effect things 10-15 years down the line, might not.
If you don't intend on keeping it that long it's probably alrite, get it properly serviced when you buy it and keep to a good service schedule - I'd imagine you'll be ok.

E92 M3, BG 182
Is it just two service points?

First service was 5347 miles (03/08/2012)
Second service was 20623 miles (24/07/2013)
Third service was 37410 miles (21/07/2014)
Fourth service was 42121 miles (27/01/2015)

Cheers,
Dave

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Alot of cars will have most likely missed one or two service intervals, might effect things 10-15 years down the line, might not.
If you don't intend on keeping it that long it's probably alrite, get it properly serviced when you buy it and keep to a good service schedule - I'd imagine you'll be ok.

In what way do you think it'll effect things 10-15 years down the line?

Any damage inflicted by the extended servicing will already have been done. Not that it's likely to have done all that much anyway.

any links to the car in question?

GTD, Lupo
First service was 5347 miles (03/08/2012)
Second service was 20623 miles (24/07/2013)
Third service was 37410 miles (21/07/2014)
Fourth service was 42121 miles (27/01/2015)

Cheers,
Dave

The owner has just been a little lazy with the services and have chosen to get it done annually instead of mileage. They would have had a count down on the dash when starting the car which is 12k so its not like it would have been a mistake. Both my 200s drank about a litre of oil over a year/12k miles so as long as they have kept it topped up i don't think it would have been a problem. Rule of thumb when it comes to buying a car, walk away if you are not happy with anything.

Any more info on the car as the original owner might be on here.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
On the face of it, that wouldn't bother me too much.

As long as it looked alright and drove alright, I'd be fine with it. I would certainly use it to try and get money off though, always worth asking