ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Clio 172 rep

Naughty Nautical
My Clio Authentique base - Renaultsport 172 Replica

Still few things missing, also the splitter will be coming off and Skoda one fitted. My final coat of lacquer will be sprayed on Tuesday too.
This is how it started;
1050970-1.jpg

1050970-4.jpg

Photo1179.jpg

Photo1200.jpg

Photo1203.jpg

Photo1169.jpg

Photo1168.jpg

Photo1167.jpg

Photo1172.jpg

Photo1175.jpg

Photo1176.jpg

Photo1177.jpg

Photo1178.jpg

Photo1193.jpg

Photo1197.jpg
Sorry but had to be uploaded! :p
Photo1207-1.jpg

Photo1208-1.jpg

Photo1215-1.jpg

Photo1212.jpg

Photo1219.jpg

18735_1352963983604_1216533304_3105.jpg

Photo1218.jpg

Photo120.jpg

Thanks,
Oli

Stagecoach Ticket
made me laugh 2 lol

i had one of them micras to learn to drive sooo easy shame it looks like a silver egg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
How was the finish of the painted bits? Can't tell in the pics!

And LOL at the blue overspray on the floor lol

alien green rs133
congrats on changing dash bottom and for not having a sunroof :D
authentique sports FTW :D
lovely job, but this colour is getting common now, i will have to respray mine a different colour.

Naughty Nautical
Haha thanks guys :)

The paint finish - is fairly good but still a bit dull, I cant afford anymore money on lacquer :( going to try and get it to shine better.

I will get more photos of the paint finish, bonnet etc and post em on here :)

Car came without a sun roof luckily :)

Thanks again,
Oli :)

Naughty Nautical
Ok thanks :D and nope, I have the 03 Clio 172 alloys which i'm using then I have my eurosport straights.. As much as I love em I wont be able to afford them :(

non sport
awesome work mate, a real fan but i really dont like the random black bumper...other than that sweet!!

Clio, mr2 turbo & R6
Well done! Looks very nice indeed!

This is something I plan to do with mine. Very nice looks with the cheaper bracket of tax insurance and petrol, untill you put a bigger engine in!

Naughty Nautical
Haha yeah :)
It will do me till about 20 when I can get a real 172 ;)

Let me know how you get on, if you get stuck on finding parts then I may be able to reccommend a few places

Naughty Nautical
I've had another project on the go..
Metro GTi Cup Race Car
Fully race built by myself and my father

TedOddy.jpg

Clio, mr2 turbo & R6
Haha yeah :)
It will do me till about 20 when I can get a real 172 ;)

Let me know how you get on, if you get stuck on finding parts then I may be able to reccommend a few places

Thanks buddy! I think I might have to takeyou up on that, I am having loads of trouble trying to find any parts.

Metro looks awesome as well! I helped fit a 1.8 in my friends, pretty fun cars and seriously under rated

DCi 100
Following on from the pm's dude.. I envy your car!

No sun roof, RS wings job and interior, looks ace! The 172 wheels have the lamest offset ever though so you may have problems with spacing.

Naughty Nautical
Thanks Alex and T9MM :)

T9MM:
If you cannot find a front bumper cheaper than £170.00

Call Richard: 07940 497198 (http://www.worldsaparts.co.uk)

Front Bumper £170.00 Brand New (Thats discounted from Renault)
If you do decide please tell him 'Oli Hood recommended you to me' :D
He will do the whole kit inc rear bumper, spoiler, wings and I think side skirts.

But do try these other places for parts. (I got mine individually)

Cit-Ren LTD: 01508 558655 - http://www.cit-ren.co.uk/
New and used parts

AA Motorspares the salvogroup ltd - 01773 530581

Just for Reference this was mine:

Front Bumper (BRAND NEW) 170.00 - Richard (worldsapart)
Rear Bumper 100.00 - Cit-Ren
Front Wings 100.00 - Cit-Ren
Side Skirts 40.00 - AA Motorspares

420.00 inc everything

Thanks,

Oli :D

Alex: Thanks mate :D I envy yours too lol looks great! my alloys are eurosport, I would love to space my wheels out but cannot afford anymore :(
Your cars coming on really well, I love it
Keep me informed

Oli :D

Naughty Nautical
I badly need some 25mm front wheel spacers for my Clio.. Where do i get some from cheap? Does anyone have any available please?

Ibiza FR
Wheres the Clio now? - Near Kenilworth

Did you know the previous owner?

My mate knows him, just saw the car round a fair bit really! Used to park on Cubbington road a lot.

Ah so its not gone far then, may see you around sometime...

Naughty Nautical
Paintwork is finished
The other day I gathered the wings were far too dull, went to the paintshop, got another expense of lacquer and flatting paper..
Flattened and polished and t-cutted her up and still no luck :(
So I rubbed the front bumper, wings, spoiler and rear bumper down and re-lacquered it, and I had sucess! :)
P1040755.jpg

P1040755.jpg

P1040760.jpg

P1040757.jpg

Naughty Nautical
Thanks dmn 1989 :D

Mitch: Yeah lol not far at all, Jamie Dyker was the owner before, and yeah deffo, if theres any meets at the waterman or anywhere then may see you at one of them or something, dont end up too much in warwick unfortunately :( but not far from there

Clio, mr2 turbo & R6
Thanks a lot for that mate! I will have to drop them a call, some places are wanting silly money for parts!

I am seriously envious of your car right about now, It is looking pretty serious!

Love it! well done