ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault sport clio reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lad took a pic of mine in the pub carpark yesterday, I find that happens a fair bit and people look at it all the time, think its more the colour than the car though

RB182cup&golf gti
Mine doesn't get out enough to get commented on, but was chatting to one of my neighbours' mums a couple of weeks ago. She's in her seventies and came to ask how I kept my car so nice and that she really likes the twin exhaust!
Had a courier drop something off and he was well into his fords and was checking out the fiesta but absolutely loved the Clio. I sometimes think I should really flog it as it doesn't get used, but I can't part with it.

Mk5 Golf Gti
I tend to get a lot of attention in mine, mainly for the colour I think anyway... (RB 182)

It turns a lot of heads when driving down the highstreet in town, the exhaust doesn't help when it comes to drawing attention to yourself! Only the other day a lad in an old shape Fiesta ST pulled up next to me at some traffic lights and looked at my car, then me and nodded in approval! Again previous to other comments he was a younger lad. (im only 19)

I just can't work out whether the attention I get from other people is them just thinking im a chav with a loud car! :cool:

2002 clio 172
Get the odd look here and there probably down to the exhaust more than anything. Not sure if its good looks or disgusted looks though lol

Also get the odd car driver trying to take it on and not just boy racers. Had a middle aged fella in a Honda Sport last week booting it away from every roundabout in front trying to impress. I just let them get on with it - partly because its running s**t and would probably get owned lol

Had same happen to me other day but guy was in a golf. Flew up behind him and his face in the mirror was hilarious! Even his passenger started looking back, shitting himself.

Mk5 Golf Gti
Had same happen to me other day but guy was in a golf. Flew up behind him and his face in the mirror was hilarious! Even his passenger started looking back, s**tting himself.

Same with me, there is a hill near me that goes into two lanes & everyone boots it up there! This guy was right behind me so I booted it & he couldn't get past (in a BMW 330ci) expecting it to be some young ish lad, pulls up next to me at the roundabout & he was in his 40/50's! Couldn't believe it...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Had same happen to me other day but guy was in a golf. Flew up behind him and his face in the mirror was hilarious! Even his passenger started looking back, s**tting himself.

A passenger was scared and looking back just because you drove up behind him?

Are you sure you didnt misread the signs and the driver was just pointing out he had some idiot tailgating him so the passenger was looking for that?

I cant imagine a car coming up behind me so quick its actually scarey really TBH, and thats in the context of even if it was a fast car not just some luke warm hot hatch!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I very rarely get anyone noticing the car or trying to goad me into racing them which is nice - can just have a dawdle about then at my own pace

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Mine always gets compliments esp when its clean. I've had people hanging out of car windows on the motorway giving the thumbs up before.
My lass cant understand all the attention it gets. She thinks its a 1000 quid shitter.

2002 clio 172
A passenger was scared and looking back just because you drove up behind him?

Are you sure you didnt misread the signs and the driver was just pointing out he had some idiot tailgating him so the passenger was looking for that?

I cant imagine a car coming up behind me so quick its actually scarey really TBH, and thats in the context of even if it was a fast car not just some luke warm hot hatch!

Who cares? If I think someone's after a race, I'll race. If I've "misread the signs" I'm sure I'll realise when they start driving within the speed limit.
That ok by you?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's because they are f**king awesome cars, king of the road these old clios ;).

I don't get much attention tbh, which obviously I'm glad about. Have had a few compliments at work before, that's about it.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Who cares? If I think someone's after a race, I'll race. If I've "misread the signs" I'm sure I'll realise when they start driving within the speed limit.
That ok by you?
I think we have a car park chav here fellas.

racing the old lady's around the car park in their mobility scooters

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

That wasnt the question, the question was how you are so confident that the emotion the passenger in the car was feeling was being scared just because you drove up behind him in your renault clio.

That ok by you?
Not especially, you sound like you drive like a right tool TBH, and the sort that ends up taking innocent peoples lives away, so it would be more ok if you want to push your car if you go and do a trackday instead.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Depends where you live I suppose when mines up north I live right next to Birchdown so people near by know what it is and when it's in Cornwall no one is around so I wouldn't know what they think lol

The guys in the garage I work on the car in like it because it's stripped and loud but that's about all they care about haha

2002 clio 172
That wasnt the question, the question was how you are so confident that the emotion the passenger in the car was feeling was being scared just because you drove up behind him in your renault clio.

Not especially, you sound like you drive like a right tool TBH, and the sort that ends up taking innocent peoples lives away, so it would be more ok if you want to push your car if you go and do a trackday instead.

I do drive fast yes. Maybe you should become a traffic police officer? As for taking a Clio on a track? I'll pass on that thanks. If I wanted to take a car on a track, it wouldn't be a standard Clio.
Finally, to answer your question, I'm not sure they did want to race. In fact, they probably didn't, or they wouldn't have started driving slower.

Sorry, I don't drive fast, I drive as fast as my Luke warm hot hatch will allow.

2002 clio 172
I think we have a car park chav here fellas.

racing the old lady's around the car park in their mobility scooters

Coming from a guy who gets told what car to drive and not to waste fuel?? Laughable. Go do the ironing.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I do drive fast yes. Maybe you should become a traffic police officer? As for taking a Clio on a track? I'll pass on that thanks. If I wanted to take a car on a track, it wouldn't be a standard Clio.
Finally, to answer your question, I'm not sure they did want to race. In fact, they probably didn't, or they wouldn't have started driving slower.

That wasnt the question, the question was how you were so sure that your standard clio caused their passenger to be scared?

2002 clio 172
That wasnt the question, the question was how you were so sure that your standard clio caused their passenger to be scared?

Not 100% sure but he looked quite worried when he looked back. But yea, maybe was thinking who's this idiot in a Luke warm hot hatch. If I see the car again I'll be sure to pull them over and ask the question for you.
Sorry we don't all own or have owned 300+ bhp clios, you must be a god. my apologies your highness.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
The public road is not a racetrack. Any idiot can drive fast in a straight line, hopefully straight past a speed trap. You apparently live in Accrington, why not join your local motorsport club and enter your car in some events, especially the Autosolos that they run and then you will find out how your driving really stacks up against others.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not 100% sure but he looked quite worried when he looked back.
Well you certainly must have been very close to be able to see the worried expression on his face as you were driving behind him.

But yea, maybe was thinking who's this idiot in a Luke warm hot hatch.
It does seem a bit more likely.

Sorry we don't all own or have owned 300+ bhp clios, you must be a god. my apologies your highness.
Apology accepted, although highness isnt really an appropriate term if addressing something you consider a god TBH, its more for royalty etc really.

Sorry, I don't drive fast, I drive as fast as my Luke warm hot hatch will allow.

genuine question here, why wouldn't you take a standard clio on track? i've always been under the impression that's it all about having fun and not the lap times, maybe i'm wrong as i've never done a track day.

Back OT, it's 50/50 by me. Some think it's just a standard 1.2 and some know exactly what it is.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a standard Clio on track, in fact if you think you NEED to do anything to put it on track (aside from ensuring fluid levels and other checks are done), then you're wrong imo.

Clio 172
Don't have the presence they used to a track days due to so many people going for fully stripped and track day tyres. Also normally one up which I find boring as feck. If you get a day with plenty of standard cars the sports get their fair share of interest.

I have a track day 172 PH1 and I get nothing but good comments about it on track. Always asked for passenger rides at track days and have alot of people in considerably faster cars ask me 'whats in it'. The car gets used on track like it was designed for and it suprises alot of supposedly quicker cars.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I have a track day 172 PH1 and I get nothing but good comments about it on track. Always asked for passenger rides at track days and have alot of people in considerably faster cars ask me 'whats in it'. The car gets used on track like it was designed for and it suprises alot of supposedly quicker cars.
A few years ago when we ran the 182 FF we were getting good comments but not anymore. Either they don't care or their pride prevents them coming over these days.

2002 clio 172
genuine question here, why wouldn't you take a standard clio on track? i've always been under the impression that's it all about having fun and not the lap times, maybe i'm wrong as i've never done a track day.

Back OT, it's 50/50 by me. Some think it's just a standard 1.2 and some know exactly what it is.

I've never done one either. Maybe it would be fun, it's just not something I'd do in the car I own.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I've never done one either. Maybe it would be fun, it's just not something I'd do in the car I own.

Yes. If I wanted to drive like a girl I'd have kept my 1.2
Sorry for using my luke warm hot hatch as it was probably made to be used.

Did you not read what the mods wrote? Keep it on topic please. And keep within the speed limit young one :)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
LOL. Sorry, don't really have much to add to the thread, just found some particular comments quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.