ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Service = Car riddled with scratches

Black Gold 182
Took my 182 for its 24k service at Cross Roads yesterday. I've only just noticed now in the daylight that the car is riddled with scratches, some quite deep (down to primer) and others not so deep. Paintwork was mint when it went in.

They've clearly washed/polished the car and had grit in the sponge/cloth. Its pretty disgusting really, its astonishing how bad it is. Car is covered with scratches, many quite long (12") and very visible.

I'm not sure what to do, short of calling them up and demanding them respray the entire car (a suggestion they will obviously laugh at).

Do not leat a Renault dealer wash your car. Ever.

FF cupped Arctic 182
Took my 182 for its 24k service at Cross Roads yesterday. I've only just noticed now in the daylight that the car is riddled with scratches, some quite deep (down to primer) and others not so deep. Paintwork was mint when it went in.

They've clearly washed/polished the car and had grit in the sponge/cloth. Its pretty disgusting really, its astonishing how bad it is. Car is covered with scratches, many quite long (12") and very visible.

I'm not sure what to do, short of calling them up and demanding them respray the entire car (a suggestion they will obviously laugh at).

Do not leat a Renault dealer wash your car. Ever.

I take it you didnt check the car when you collected it? Hence they may just laugh in your face, but i would get my @ss down there asap and speak to the service manager.

Personally I specifically told my dealer under no circumstance could they "treat" my car to a "wash" for the very resons you've described.

Black Gold 182
It was pissing it down when I collected it so it would have been impossible to spot the scratches.

Going to call them and politely suggest they foot the bill to have the car machine polished.

Black Gold 182
Have spoken to the service manager, I'm bringing the car down to them tomorrow to have a look at.

Am suitably pissed off, as you would understand.

I do however have the advantage that I work in the Renault group (though not road cars) so it would be reasonably simple for me to go above the manager's head if he refuses to sort this out.

Less
as much as ur annoyed, play it cool to start off with. No one likes to deal with someone whos demanding

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
as much as ur annoyed, play it cool to start off with. No one likes to deal with someone whos demanding

Bang on. It's amazing how much more you can get at times by playing the 'annoyed but willing to listen' card.

If that doesn't work, you can always take your anger up a gear or two... ;)

D.

FF cupped Arctic 182
I stamped my feet and went mental :evil:

But i was nearly in tears with all the s**t we went through....

Black/Gold 182
I think if they've damaged it they should repair if. If that means repainting it, well that's their own fault.

Like others I've always specified that they are not to wash it when it's been in. Didn't stop them leaving if with Seagull sh*t on the bonnet for 2 days (that had to be machine polished).

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
if they don't bring your wet sponge and some stones chippings and some dirty water, and go and wash one of there new cars

LY V6 with Recaros
I always tell them not to wash it when it's been into Renault.

Hope they sort it for you, don't give up if they say no. When I had a problem with Renault when they refused to fix something under warranty I just asked for a complaint form from the manager and they took me aside to find out why, they sorted it after that.

Black Gold 182
Could I get them to machine polish the car? Is that something the garage will be able to do? Or would they have to get someone in to do it?

clio...
If they have a body shop there they would be perfectly able to machine polish it... But i wouldn't settle for just that. You want all marks taking care.

As you've said and I would probably suggest you just go above the managers head.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Took my clio in to Reno and some spanner monkey had pressed the bonnet close and in doing so dinted/creased the bonnet! I just could not be bothered complaining, imadgine how long it would take for them to order and fit a new racing blue bonnet with racing stripes! Pppfff forget about it already..

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
if they couldnt wash your car properly imagine the mess theyll make pcing it.

complain and dont stop till it gets repaired properlynot polished out.

Black Gold 182
I was planning on going to the dealer over lunch today but something came up at work and I couldn't get away. Will try to go tomorrow.

renault clio
Took my clio in to Reno and some spanner monkey had pressed the bonnet close and in doing so dinted/creased the bonnet! I just could not be bothered complaining, imadgine how long it would take for them to order and fit a new racing blue bonnet with racing stripes! Pppfff forget about it already..

I HAD THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN TO MINE. I DID COMPLAIN AND THEY SAID IT MUST HAVE ALREADY BEEN THERE. THERE WAS EVEN OIL ON THE BONNET AS WELL!!!

NOW IVE BROUGHT A CARBON FIBRE BONNET THAT DOE'S NOT FIT!!!!!

F U C K¬!!!!!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Get it down there soon mate. I should think the longer you wait, the more likely they'll fob you off claiming it wasn't them.
Good luck.

Black Gold 182
Spent a considerable amount of time yesterday cleaning my clio. Fortunately, as it turns out all the scratches are much, much better than I originally thought. In fact, after cleaning and giving it a good polish + wax there are only two 4" scratches that are visible from 1 metre away. The rest are all just what I would describe as "heavy swirlmarks" and I would expect the dealer to laugh in my face if I were to show them to him.

I haven't decided if I can bother chasing them up to have them sort out the two visible scratches. It looks like I might get the whole car PCed after the winter anyway which will take care of everything.

I'll think about it :)