ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault OEM jack - snapped last night

182 Cup
Perhaps the wrong forum but hey ho. Jacked the car up last night at the rear, before I could get an axle stand under the jack shat itself, thumping the car down and causing damage to the sill the way the car came down on the jack. Am I likely to have any satisfaction out of Renault if I go to them?

Megane r26
Perhaps the wrong forum but hey ho. Jacked th ecar up last night at the rear, before I could get an axle stand under the jack shat itself, thumping the car down and causing damage to the sill the way the car came down on the jack. Am I likely to have any satisfaction out of Renault if I go to them?

Nah I doubt it, those renaults jacks are naff I'd wouldn't trust them jacking a pram there just there to get you out the poop.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahhh the widowmaker strikes again.

I went in, told them it broke the first time I used it, the guy looked at me blankly and said "that'll be £eightysomething plus vat". I laughed and walked out.

Forget it - buy a trolley jack. Not like you can do much at the side of the road with a 182 anyway.

Megane r26
Ahhh the widowmaker strikes again.

I went in, told them it broke the first time I used it, the guy looked at me blankly and said "that'll be £eightysomething plus vat". I laughed and walked out.

Forget it - buy a trolley jack. Not like you can do much at the side of the road with a 182 anyway.

Great renault customer service lol. You can buy yourself a half decent trolley jack that will be more then upto the job for 20-30 quid an then u can jack on a decent jacking point i.e subframe bolt or summit

182 Cup
I have a trolley jack, unfortunately it's not out at my new place. Just been on with customer services, they have booked it in with local dealer to look at the damage. The sill is twisted now and doesn't meet the panel. It's as much about the fact I could have been under the car at the time as it is about damage. I'll push them and see what comes of it.

iv seen 4lads usin 1 in each corner of a corsa so they could change a disc and set of pads each to get it done quicker hahahaaa

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Done that on my megane mate. Shat my pants when it went because I was jacking the jack up with it at the time!

Ph1 T
I had a puncture was jacking it up then the bit on the end that twists just snapped off half way through, piece of s**t

182 Cup
Renault UK responsed to my complaint requesting I go to the local dealer so they could send pics of the sill and jack point damage, and do up an estimate. Called in yesterday and it's in process.

They claim it's the first time they've heard of one of their jacks failing.