ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault euro leasing - Clio RS

clio rs
I'm driving a renault clio RS from the EU tourist leasing program where you get a new car for a month with red plates as an alternative to renting.

Its a nice ride. Turning circle is sad for a small car & a bit annoying I can't close all the windows from the keycard remote, and "door open" doesn't indicate which door.. The tire re-inflating pump, no space saver, is also a worry as well ;) that said, I enjoy driving it. its doing about 8.1/100km average.

But I've a few questions / puzzlements.

* the SD card is definitely not removable, for example to remove it to put in a card of music.. it does not push nor pull out. Is this some renault leasing trick to stop people screwing around with it?

* pressing the renault sport button lights up renaultsport on the dash and Sport in the speedo but I can't work out how to get it to go to race mode. disabled perhaps? or are they shipping RS Clio with no race mode?

* there is no RS option in the navigation screen the one that gets data like lap times and other stuff. It is all explained in a supplement manual in french but perhaps is this an extra option on french RS clios? or again, disabled?

* Is the somewhat deep throated sound at lower rpm acceleration, generated by the stereo? There is the engine noise app (two of them), but I was looking for an "off" option for the stock sound.

* The nav traffic and incident reports are totally outdated - for Italy & Germany & Switzerland at least - but they are there. Where did they come from. How do they get updated..

thanks

* the SD card is definitely not removable, for example to remove it to put in a card of music.. it does not push nor pull out. Is this some renault leasing trick to stop people screwing around with it?

It's not a music SD card mate it's for the navigation normally , so need to be left in , and there should be a USB port somewhere ?

* pressing the renault sport button lights up renaultsport on the dash and Sport in the speedo but I can't work out how to get it to go to race mode. disabled perhaps? or are they shipping RS Clio with no race mode?

Not certain on that mate

* there is no RS option in the navigation screen the one that gets data like lap times and other stuff. It is all explained in a supplement manual in french but perhaps is this an extra option on french RS clios? or again, disabled?

I believe this is optional extra , not all had that !

* Is the somewhat deep throated sound at lower rpm acceleration, generated by the stereo? There is the engine noise app (two of them), but I was looking for an "off" option for the stock sound.

Yes the stereo does that normal , not sure if/how to turn it off

* The nav traffic and incident reports are totally outdated - for Italy & Germany & Switzerland at least - but they are there. Where did they come from. How do they get updated..

Sd card requires a update , main dealer can do that !

Hope this helps

clio rs
Its the clio RS 1.6T 200 EDC as far as I know.
I thought there was just one version of this car but I'm puzzled by no race mode (there is a race start) and no RS race app, and the fixed SD card (yeah I use bluetooth for the music but curiosity got the better of me with the card, it is definitely fixed in there, right next to the USB port).

Wondering if for insurance reasons Renault disabled the mode after sport.. or perhaps I was not selecting it right.

I doubt for the month they are going to help me with the sd card update if I pull into the next renault dealership, especially as the card appears to be welded in there!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Its the clio RS 1.6T 200 EDC as far as I know.
I thought there was just one version of this car but I'm puzzled by no race mode (there is a race start) and no RS race app, and the fixed SD card (yeah I use bluetooth for the music but curiosity got the better of me with the card, it is definitely fixed in there, right next to the USB port).

Wondering if for insurance reasons Renault disabled the mode after sport.. or perhaps I was not selecting it right.

I doubt for the month they are going to help me with the sd card update if I pull into the next renault dealership, especially as the card appears to be welded in there!

Try holding down the renaultsport button?

Although I was always under the impression that you pressed the renaultsport button twice to activate the race mode. Is there not a separate switch to turn off the driver aids?

clio rs
With renewed confidence I went back for a play.

push silver R-mode button for renault sport. then from that mode, hold down the button, and it goes into race (traction and ESC off). Ok all good!

Also enabled apps and see the R-link store now, and free intro subscription to "coyote" - some kind of crowd sourced road information system so that might be cool to play with.

thanks!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The sd card is only for satnav you will need a usb stick for your music. For the car noises just select none. Hold the rs button down for 10 seconds when stationary for race mode. I dont think uou can add a track monitor after its left the factory . The sd card just push in and it comes out you need to load renault software on your pc to update it but it will cover the uk without updating it only looses rlink services after a year, breakdown etc. and is a lot of fuss dont bother.:)