ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Dealers

Do they offer good part exchange prices? I have a 2002 Mk2 172 with 50k on the clock. It has 17 inch alloys on it aswell, was just wondering what you think would be a good part exchange value for it? I want to upgrade to a 182 or a 182 Cup.

Which do you think would be the best to go for? It makes no difference to my insurance btw no matter which I get, so insurance costs going up isn't a factor.

Cheers guys.

Clio v6
I reckon a dealer would offer you £5K for it. They might prefer standard wheels on it.

cock mobile.
As James said they might prefer standard wheels; but you could swap or sell your aftermarket ones easily enough if you wanted / needed to.

You'll more than likely get a rubbish trade in price; and is the 182 really worth the upgrade??

Wouldn't be imo; not considering how much it would probably cost.

The 172 seems to be losing too much value at the moment. I think I'm going to trade in for an Ibiza TDi 130. Affordable, economical and pacy. Have really enjoyed the 172, though. Will be really sad to see it go.

I've been offered £5k part ex for it, which isn't bad considering it's an import.

Personally i'd try & sell it privately, Firstly you will get more for it, Secondly you won't have a car hanging around as you will have the money, therefor it will put you in a better position to negociate with them - or you could look at a private seller with a 182, you will get a much better deal buying privatley than from a dealer.

Thats what i'd do.

cat171 said:
Personally i'd try & sell it privately, Firstly you will get more for it, Secondly you won't have a car hanging around as you will have the money, therefor it will put you in a better position to negociate with them - or you could look at a private seller with a 182, you will get a much better deal buying privatley than from a dealer.

Thats what i'd do.

Was thinking of doing just that, but I have more finance outstanding than the car is currently worth. I don't mind paying a bit more money over the top of my new car, so long as I can get the finance on the 172 paid off.