ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio [Half] Sport! Progress Thread.

My first car, as it was standard. I got it in April 2009.
2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16V Extreme 4

DSC00116.jpg

My first "addition" was a Powertec open cone Air filter. Does nothing performance wise but it does give a nice roar!

18072009002.jpg

Next I upgraded the audio. SPL Dynamic 5.25" components, amped and also a Vibe active subwoofer:

DSC_00045-1.jpg

My first exterior mod was a set of 182 alloy wheels, I needed 5mm spacers on the rear to stop scrubbing:

DSC00418-2-1.jpg

My car was subsequently broken into, and my sub, Pioneer headunit and two Ipods were stolen:

DSC00451.jpg

That was how it stayed for a while, however in the new year my clutch went, so with no mechanical knowledge whatsoever, I set about changing my clutch on my drive, and much to my surprise many hours later I had it back together and working!:

DSC00848.jpg

After this success my car really moved forward. First up I fitted some Vmaxx coilovers:

DSC00059.jpg

Then put my non sport alloys back on, and did a respray myself, I resprayed using Peugeot Steel Grey, similarly I did my bullets and badges in the same colour with black lettering:

DSC00937.jpg

Next up, I got a 172 rear bumper, and sport front grille:

DSC01048.jpg

Then next on the list, a full 172 interior:

DSC01209.jpg

And most recently, my Pioneer headunit:

DSC01579crop.jpg

And here's a few current pictures from today:

DSC01522crop.jpg

DSC01532crop.jpg

DSC01561crop.jpg

DSC01569crop.jpg

DSC01536crop.jpg

Tommys It's a fat megane splitter, screwed on with self taping screws. I got it from a scrapyard.

Joey that's the thing I'm not sure now! I'm thinking exhaust maybe, alloy change?

ZED TEA
This Looks GREAT, one of the nicest non sports on here! Splitter really suits aswell! id say next mod get a smaller ariel? it looks like a rc car atm. :rasp:

1.2 16v
What tints you got on that pal? ive got a black 1.2 thinking about gettin tints done but dont wanna make it look too chavvy, yours look spot on!

renault clio mk2 16v
the splitter looks like a part of the actual bumper, hows that? is it just a standard splitter for a megane stuck on?

Listerine & Poledo
nice little 1.2, best to stop spending money sooner rather than later though fella, keep it in the bank for when insurance on something with poke wont rape you too hard

1.2 16v Dynamique
Looks great! I have a 1.2 dynamique, i've got very similar tints on mine and you've done exactly what I aim to do lol! The diamonds and wheels I want to do the same colour, I would like coilovers and a 172 rear bumper lol, I do have the smaller aerial though lol! How hard did you find it fitting the coilovers with no mechanical knowledge mate?

Ibiza SC
Looks awesome mate!! Sucks about the break in, bet you won't be leaving iPods in the car from now on!!

Looks good! Break in sucks :/ just remember to leave nothing on show, take your faceplate off, rub any rings from sat navs away and don't have your stereo on loud when you a nearing somewhere that you will leave your car

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
That is seriously tidy! Love everything you've done :)

Did you remove your diamonds before painting or did you just cover everything else up and spray? Actually did you use vinyl? (EDIT: realised you've already said you used spray lol) Really curious because i'm looking to do the same to mine! (Not got the confidence for anything serious yet!)

Love the colour of the rims too. You should be proud! :approve:

That is seriously tidy! Love everything you've done :)

Did you remove your diamonds before painting or did you just cover everything else up and spray? Actually did you use vinyl? (EDIT: realised you've already said you used spray lol) Really curious because i'm looking to do the same to mine! (Not got the confidence for anything serious yet!)

Love the colour of the rims too. You should be proud! :approve:

Front diamond pulls off, Rear diamond pushes out after you take the boot lock part off and the wheel diamonds pop out of the centre caps