ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.2 dynamique 2004 heating

Clio 1.2 2004 16v
Hi, I have a Clio 1.2 2004 and the heating wont work.
It will come on cold but just wont get hot.
I have replaced the water filter and the fan belt, it has been flushed through and is clear and two mechanics have said the matrix is working correctly.
any ideas?
Thanks.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Assuming it's not digital climate control, has the cable operating the heat mixture come off? Have a look in drivers footwell to the left of the pedals, should see 2 cables, 1 for heat mix and the other to set where the air comes out

Clio 1.2 2004 16v
Hi, sorry for late reply only just got chance to have a look, i did check that and both cables are connected ok by the looks of it.
someone has mentioned to me before about there might be a valve which could be stuck shut in one of the tubes going to/from the matrix which opens when it reaches a certain temperature, is that true and if so do you know where about it would be?
also the other thing apparently there could be a switch behind the heating control unit on the dash that could be stuck?
Thanks.