ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

Thanks guys,

Not much to tell you, I wanted to give the suspension and underside a good check up and clean for the new year which I do every year now the good weather is back.. It's a good idea to keep these cars fresh and they will stay that way if you look after them.. I quite enjoyed doing it again and caught a nice sun tan at the same time.. so it was a good sunday afternoon.

chromesidekonis.jpg

chrome1.jpg

konischromed.jpg

the5.jpg

really love the car sitting on these old skool fat chubby tyres and standard alloys.. I feel like Marty Mcfly going back to the 80's :)

wetgloss.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You sad b*****d.... I love it. Love to think that you're preserving a little piece of history right there.

RS 182 CUP
what turbo you got under there? i got a turbo technics stage 2 im trying to get rid of if you know anyone thats interested

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Never seen this thread before! but my god thats imaculate! hat off to you mate :) how often does it get driven? :rasp:

what turbo you got under there? i got a turbo technics stage 2 im trying to get rid of if you know anyone thats interested

I still have the T25 that has lots of life left in it, you shouldnt have too much trouble selling that one.. there's plenty of demand for a decent turbo from the 5 owners. I think yours is a t2/t25?

also, cheers Chris.

Renault 5 gt turbo
Hi zonda long time no speak, this is still probs my favourite 5 of all time. Iv done quite a lot of progress on mine since I last spoke to you. Hoping to have it at this level one day

Benj

hey ben, good to hear ur doing well mate.. you havent had your 5 half as long.. so you've already got it looking mighty tidy.. take your time and keep up the good work mate! I 'll prob keep mine till the end of this summer.. and move on. I've already done everything I wanted about 3 times over lol.. dont really want to start it over for a 4th time.. so will enjoy it this summer and see how things happen after that. Keep up the good work dude.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Fave 5 ever.

You will sell that no problem and then when it goes so quick youll wish you'd put a bit more on the price...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
One of the best cars on CS across the board. BUT i prefer it on the Turbines...

BIG thumbs up!

Can I just throw something past you guys..

What are your opinions on fitting a set of these 15's speedlines 2118's in anthracite on my 5? would appreciate your opinions.. cheers.

Borrowed pic from Oliver.. (cheers)

2118.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup
Haven't ever seen them on a 5, but I think they would work really well.

Would give it a purposeful look, I think. :)

Haven't ever seen them on a 5, but I think they would work really well.

Would give it a purposeful look, I think. :)

That makes 2 of us.. this is what I like about it :) I dont like doing what everyone else has already done.

I was wondering if the offset would still be the right offset for my 5? I think it should be 38?

Last edited:
Probably a fair few other wheels I'd rather see on there but certainly better than the other set you have on there ;)

Cheers, what are the other ones you would prefer? I dont want to go for the ones done since 1990 (clio turbines etc) even though they are nice they dont appeal to me.

Too many to list but I see what you mean about the age of the wheels. The 2118's at least have a vibe of speedlines etc fitted to 1980's rally cars so seem fitting on the boxy lines of the 5.

I'm sure you can list a couple? ;) everytime someone says they have a list of wheels that would look better never post any examples lol

turkish... I would need to bolt on wide arches to fit those.. (apart from the ones that look like Ronals) the max width on standard arches without angle grinding them is 7". They are awesome wheels, but they wont fit on my car.

The pics are just for illustration, obviously you'd be looking for a set in an appropriate width and offset. I had a 5 myself years ago so I know there are limits to the wheel fitment without f**king about cutting bodywork.

The enkei's at the bottom are 15x7 btw.

Yeh.. thats the bit thats the problem lol. I used to be more into the deep dish look more than I am now. Still liking the 2118's.

I think the 2118's would be functional but Im with turkish on other wheel choices.

I fitted 8x13's on my 5 with no arch mods, would you be wanting 15's?

They are ET36 as standard

I think the 2118's would be functional but Im with turkish on other wheel choices.

I fitted 8x13's on my 5 with no arch mods, would you be wanting 15's?

They are ET36 as standard

7x15 was what I was looking at.. how will ET42 sit on a 5GTT?

I'll always keep the OE wheels (13" speedlines) just like to change around from time to time.