ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing/Putting on Tyres?

Storm Grey 200
Anyway i can do this myself? Using a tool of some kind... Or anyone that can do it for very few moneys, Links to tools is good :)
Nick

LY 182
no you cant do it yourself unless you have a tyre changer.

and a garage will charge you a tenner, how cheap do you want !?

Storm Grey 200
Im not being tight yeah, i get my local to do it for me, but if im going to refurb my wheels putting the tyres on and off is more expenses. No worries...

Clio
manual tyre changers are very difficult to use as i found out, specially with low profiles. i wouldnt bother mate take them to the shop.

172 Race Car
If your doing a refurb then just Let the tyres
down and ask a local firm to just break the bead for you. Then the tyre will be on the wheel but not seated up against the edge meaning you can paint it pproperly.

the you just need to inflate it till the tyre pops back onto the rim.

Easy

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
If your doing a refurb then just Let the tyres
down and ask a local firm to just break the bead for you. Then the tyre will be on the wheel but not seated up against the edge meaning you can paint it pproperly.

the you just need to inflate it till the tyre pops back onto the rim.

Easy

wont need to get it rebalanced either if it doesnt move on the rim.