ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing excess metal for a track car

clio 172 Focus RSMK1
Hi guys.
Ive got a clio track car that ive built from scratch and have used it for the last 6 months. Im not in the process of prepping the interior and painting it. Ive removed all the brackets and bit and bobs that were spot welded in. Ive also removed the front door metal and boot metal. i was wondering how much further you can go without affecting the structure of the car.
Ive got a saftey devices 6 point cage fitted so theres some structural support still there.
Cheers
Cliff

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Don't waste your time mate would be my advice. There's more weight in a Mars bar than you'd save from cutting metal out or drilling holes.
I'd look at changing stuff like the bootlid, bonnet and doors for fibreglass items if your really wanting to save weight. Costly though.