ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing CUP Bench-Help needed

Ive removed the top part of the bench, parcel shelf and carpet for boot now im struggling to remove the bottom part... its seems to be in a swinging joint and not actaully bolted in how do I get it out?

Cheers

Neil

Just lift the bench so its upright (90 degrees) and pull upwards (wiggle them a bit at the same time!). Theyre not bolted in.

Neil, they should come out dead easily. They are the same on the Willy as on the 172. You see the 2 catches per part of the bench? They just have a small kink at the end that is attached to the car. It might be more or less than 90 degrees where they come out, but they do just bull straight out! Ive done it on a 172 and a Willy now.

Thinking about it, it might be more than 90 degrees.....

Only as easy as they come out!!! Like I say, their just hooked into the slots and should come out really easily!

Lol! I thought you were talking about the bench!! (eg: the bit you sit on!). you said you removed the top part and that it was the bottom part you couldnt do! Heheheh....that explains it now....

See the bolt? Loosen it off. The splits for the seat back are held together with a bolt running though them at the bottom of the seat back where they join. You need to remove this too.

Sorry, totally got wrong end of stick from your first post!

Rhys

320d M Sport

by the time youve done u should have unscrewed the 2 big bolts (access from boot) and 1 allen key bolt (middle, bottom of seat-again easier if u lean through boot).

Clio v6

BTW dont put the bolts back in when you have taken out the seats. They may weigh quite a bit. Use some of those extra light grommets instead.

Dash - Sound advice, but remember even super light weight grommets still weigh something. Suppose you could compensate by filling the now enlarged loadbay with Helium baloons.

Try saving weight in your V6 by removing the hulking great engine thing from your boot.

Rhys