ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing acoustic valve

clio 182
@iMak it's really easy
remove NS wheel
remove part of NS wheel arch liner
undo plug and pipes connecting to "acoustic"
the "acoustic" is bolted to the horn bracket iirc so remove bolt etc and hey ho

Ph2 172
It's also in a step by step guide half way down the first page 🙈

Hi,
I know this thread is quite old, but I am really asking for the step by step guide for removing of the Acoustic Valve. I highly appreciate if someone can get to for me. Thank you
plagerism ftw!

A short guide

* Remove (entirely) the air box, disconnecting both air feeds (one to the right and one directly under). Air box is held in place by two screws and jublie clips
* Jack the car up under front left, ensure you use a axle stand or similar
* Remove wheel, place neatly elsewhere
* Remove the underside arch-liner, fastened by a few torque screws and some fat looking plastic plugs (these just pull out with a tug)
* Watch for the small ribbed cable (battery acid overflow pipe) as its connected to the arch liner. Let this dangle somewhere.
* You will now have exposed the underside of your front bumper, note the bracket holding both your horn and the acoustic valve.
* Try to unclip as many of the wiring looms to both the horn and the valve, let these looms dangle somewhere
* Undo the bolt holding the bracket in place
* Tuck the horn assembly somewhere out of the way
* Remove the small air feed, no 1, simply turn it to unclip
* Remove accoustic valve by pulling it downwards and out of the wheel arch, if you meet resistance check looms are disconnected and path is clear
* You should be left with a large gap / hole
* Accoustic valve will be connected to a thin black tube, remove as much of the connecting bits, leaving just the tube.
This must be blocked off (or you will idle above 1000rpm) with a screw / bung similar
Tape the screw in place
* Remount the horn, reconnect horn wiring loom to horn, screw bracket back into place
* Tape up all looms and cover ends with tape
* Tape blocked pipe somewhere
* Once the valve is removed make any modifications you wish, i.e place your airfeeds etc
* Reconnect the battery overflow pipe to the grilled bottom of the arch liner
* Replace arch liner, fix with plugs and screws
* Put wheel back on, ensure wheel is flush to brake when placing nuts or you will mark your wheels
* Lower car
* Connect new air feeds to air box, replace air box, ensure jubile clips are tight
* Job done, admire your work.

Start car, check horn, leave to idle for 2mins ish - idle @ 800rpm ish?