ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove dash guide.

clio sport cup
I cannot find a guide on removing the dash (to replace the clock lights), most of the guides in the Guides section reference a webpage Fubar? that doesn't exist (even in google cache) anymore?

Cheers.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Remove dash strips, undo the screws (torx) underneath. Remove upper steering column shroud, further 2 screws (just under speedo). Then remove 3 screws by windscreen (in the air vent that runs along the windscreen base). Finally remove 1 screw each side, plastic screws, close to a-pillar. Then remove.
Or buy a haynes manual, much more in depth guide in there.

I cannot find a guide on removing the dash (to replace the clock lights), most of the guides in the Guides section reference a webpage Fubar? that doesn't exist (even in google cache) anymore?

Cheers.

thats right, i selfishly stopped paying for the website.

Warren's summarised it well, apart from there's 2 screws under the steering casing too.

:evil:

Make sure you pull the dash top towards the back of the car... don't try and lift it up and you run the risk of triggering the airbag.

Also, the A pillar covers need to come off first.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
thats right, i selfishly stopped paying for the website.

Warren's summarised it well, apart from there's 2 screws under the steering casing too.
Really? Didn't have that on any of my 4 ph2 RS's, but my ph1 does have the shrouds screwed on?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Fubar your website was excellent, why didn't you transfer your guides onto here?
+1 or use a free hosting site?

Anyway, On the Ph1 you need to remove the steering casing, two screws under neither near the front and 1 screw a bit further back. The lonely screw is quite a long one.

182FF with cup packs
Depending on the size of the guides I have some webspace that they could be thrown on, all I use it for currently is to host jpegs

N/A Currently
be careful not to break the 2 plastic clips in the middle of the dashboard!!
If you do, it wont go back on properly again, and you'll need some really really strong plastic weld, or replace the other section of the dashboard