ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove crankshaft

Clio sport 172 ph2
So im stripping a 182 f4r engine pistons removed

Iv undone the bolt for the crankshaft, but i cant get the cog off where the cambelt connects to, the aux pulley is off but not cambelt

I can post a pic tomorrow just seeing if anyone can help thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Seen this loads of times. Get a blunt pry bar or chisel etc, and place it in the half round where the cambelt teeth sit. Give it a couple of taps on the end of the pry bar with a hammer and it'll start to spin free. Spray some wd40 or the like where it sits on the end of the crank and it'll slide straight off with no bother.

Clio sport 172 ph2
Seen this loads of times. Get a blunt pry bar or chisel etc, and place it in the half round where the cambelt teeth sit. Give it a couple of taps on the end of the pry bar with a hammer and it'll start to spin free. Spray some wd40 or the like where it sits on the end of the crank and it'll slide straight off with no bother.
Ill give it a go tomorrow, should i support the crank from spinning?

Clio sport 172 ph2
Nah don't worry about it mate. If it's stuck that fast that you need to stop the crank spinning, you'll more than likely damage the pulley anyway tbh.
Ok the only reason why i asked as there is only the crank in there as the pistons etc are all out, so in a nut shell hit the cog that the cambelt connects to with a blunt object, lets see who wins me or the engine lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok the only reason why i asked as there is only the crank in there as the pistons etc are all out, so in a nut shell hit the cog that the cambelt connects to with a blunt object, lets see who wins me or the engine lol

Have you got the crank locking pin for when you do a cambelt? If you have, fit that mate. Otherwise, just give it a damn good thrashing. I've never known one that hasn't started spinning relatively easy once they've been given a tickle tbh.

Clio sport 172 ph2
Have you got the crank locking pin for when you do a cambelt? If you have, fit that mate. Otherwise, just give it a damn good thrashing. I've never known one that hasn't started spinning relatively easy once they've been given a tickle tbh.
Right ill lock it in place and give it a gentle slap [emoji23]
I asked because i didnt want to keep breaking things on this engine it has been a utter nightmare

Clio sport 172 ph2
Just thought a quick update i didnt have any m4 bolts so i thought id give northloopcup suggestion a go and it worked i now have a bare block ready for the turbo build thanks guys