ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of 200 (cup) steering wheel. How?

RB Clio 200 Cup
I need to get access to the indicator switches and I know the steering wheel needs to come off.

How do I do this, is it an easy job?

Thanks.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Airbag is a pig

You need an 8mm allen key to jam up the hole in the back of the steering wheel. This pushes up on a clip to release the bottom of the airbag. The top 2 corners just pull out.

If the airbag hasn't been off before you will need to make your own hole in the airbag (where the indent is)

Once the airbag is out you'll need a T50 torx bit to remove the steering wheel bolt (these are a one use only bolt - although I didn't replace mine :eek:)

RB Clio 200 Cup
I presume I will need to disconnect battery too?

This bolt you mention, is it a special bolt or will any bolt do? If special, i'll order a few from you.

Cheers.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Yes you will or remove the horn fuse (which is what I did)

Yes it is a specific bolt - 8200686474 - £4.52

RB Clio 200 Cup
You know whats next lol....how do you remove the horn fuse, pull out the relevant fuse from the fuse tray @ low level? I need to make sure i get the right one as i dont want the airbag going off lol.

Cheers.