ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remote locking not working - can anybody hep?

Clio 172 Cup
Hi, went to lock my 172 Cup yesterday using the remote central locking as usual & nothing happened! Having to lock the car manually but then the central locking doesn't work so I have to lock both doors separately, can't lock the boot though.

I'm guessing its the battery in the key? I have a spare but the remote locking on that never worked when I bought the car so that doesn't help! I'm no expert but I've had a look at the key & it doesn't seem to come apart to change a battery?

Somebody help please as I'm possibly not insured if anything happens to the car at the moment!

Megane 225 F1
Saw a thread yesterday or the day before on this. Try disconnecting the battery in the car and then reconnecting it.

(Please make sure you have your radio code though ;) )

Clio 172 Cup
thanks Will, actually managed to prise the key apart using a chisel of all things & changed the CR1220 battery which thankfully has done the job. Just got to do the spare now...!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
chisel?! all you need to do is put a screwdriver or key or something through the "loop" bit that a keyring goes and lever it so it pushes both halfs of the key a different way and it slides open

Skoda Fabia vRS
trust me, they do slide apart, i work in parts at a dealers, nobody ever knows how to open Clio style keys, we get people in almost daily needing battery changes and they cant get the thing open

also on the ones that use 1220 batteries, the holder isnt that great and the battery can come loose on one edge, leading to poor or no electrical contact, make sure the battery is properly in the clasp and not stuck up on one side

Still to this day after working on 1000's of clios.
I can't open up the keys one of our mechanics has to do it

He just puts it in his palm and slides it open