ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap thread

RenaultSport clio 18
hello. yea another remap thread. were can i get my car remaped safly. i no there is a super chip place near me but i have hurd bad things about super chips. i have an viper and a blueflame cat bck exhaust. want to get the most out of them and the engine. any surgestions???? i live in Aylesbury buckinghamshire. near watford. thank you.

Megane225FF
if you're planning on getting other work done to your bus, go for the SMT6 piggyback, if not, see Hillpower or BB Performance.

Fred2001Dynamic said:
each one is custom to the car, plus there's no limitations to moddifications
Not meaning to be difficulkt can it run extreme cams? What about drive by proper wire throtle bodies or normal individual throttle bodies the ECU can run it just none has yet worked out how to program it.

dnatuning.com
Fred2001Dynamic said:
each one is custom to the car, plus there's no limitations to moddifications

So does he use a hex editing program such as WinOLS that checksums the file that can import the factory Damos/A2l files giving access to all perimeters?
In what way is it custom? As that term is far to often bandied about in this industry by many people, a well researched generic map will be ALOT better than a custom map written by an inexperienced tuner, period.

Lionel Richie
edde said:
Not meaning to be difficulkt can it run extreme cams? What about drive by proper wire throtle bodies or normal individual throttle bodies the ECU can run it just none has yet worked out how to program it.

edde, we can do everything the BB and K-tec can do (ie turbos etc)

we only use it for cam and inlet moddifications (plus others, but i'm not releasing details yet)

TB conversions still have to run OMEX or similar

dnatuning.com
Fred2001Dynamic said:
edde, we can do everything the BB and K-tec can do (ie turbos etc)

we only use it for cam and inlet moddifications (plus others, but i'm not releasing details yet)

TB conversions still have to run OMEX or similar

Actually you could use the OEM ECU, you'd just need to remove the MAF from the equation, would be a lot of work , but definately not a case of 'have to use' anything.

dnatuning.com
'could' is very different from 'have' though ;)

I 'could' fly to jupiter for christmas but the money involved is unrealistic, so I'll 'have' to settle for the Maldives this year :rasp:

Lionel Richie
BenR said:
yes i would as i'm sure any customer would like to know aswell........IF you are actually doing it yourself. ;)

wait and see boyo, its being released inconjunction with a new product that even your genius hasn't thought of!

John DNA said:
Actually you could use the OEM ECU, you'd just need to remove the MAF from the equation, would be a lot of work , but definately not a case of 'have to use' anything.

What about the possibility of running AlphaN at low rpm to get round the low engine speed map signal fluctuations, especially with lumpy cams, then run speed sensity once the signal has stabalised.

I'm not an electrical engineer so dont even profess to know the insides of an ecu or the software technicalities involved.

then i'll spell correct myself to 'speed density' first lol.

Its my birthday (god damn week day) and i'm loving the vino.