ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap this week

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Im getting my 182 remapped this week. After its been done what kinds of difference will i notice when driving? does the 5k kick still stay or is it moved or removed?

Obviously will notice a power difference but is delivery better? lag still there?

If you could let me know that would be ace!

THANKS

Clio 182
HI

The 5K kick will still be there, some people report it moving slightly down the rev range. I guess it depends on what map is being used. You will notice a slight improvment in throttle response but don't expect anything earth shattering. I had mine done and I have to say after about a weeks driving I could no longer tell the differance once I got used to it.

Rich :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Re-maps on naturally asspirated cars are no where near as noticeable as that on a Turbo diesel torque monster i wouldnt have bothered

this has been covered many many times.

There are 'off the shelf' maps which are about £300
Custom maps on rolling road are about £500

or then there is the RS Tuner which is about £150 which allows you to upload maps provided by fastchips free of charge, aswell as giving you perfomance analysers and error reading etc etc. You can also opt for a custom map for a little bit extra, and Henk at Fastchips is one of the best mappers out there! As you can probably tell, this is where my money will be spent!

172 cup
or then there is the RS Tuner which is about £150 which allows you to upload maps provided by fastchips free of charge, aswell as giving you perfomance analysers and error reading etc etc. You can also opt for a custom map for a little bit extra, and Henk at Fastchips is one of the best mappers out there! As you can probably tell, this is where my money will be spent!

uploaded mine yday, well impressed

M140i
I have the Rs tuner kit and people that say maps dont make much of a difference, what a load of crap, mine is so much better through each gear, I;ve lost the kangarooing when the car is cold and the power is delivered smoother and my mpg has not been affected at all, so thumbs up for Henk :):)

Am planning a viper induction kit, ktec sportscat, and stealth backbox and lowering about 25-30mm. Would i be best finding somewhere to get it RR and set up or getting a RS Tuning kit?

Doest the performance calibration allow u to specify what modification are ion the vehicle so it adjusts the programming accordingly??? Also any idea how much power I would gain with the the sportscat ecu remap etc?

no you cant adjust the programme. the 'performance calibration' option basically gives you a choice of off the shelf maps. Some are better suited to standard cars, others better suited to slightly modded cars. If you are unsure, email henk