ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap are they worth it?

pug 106 rallye S2
hey,
i have a 02 172 ff and have the oportunity to do a rolling road day and have it remapped...
done usual airbox mods of removing acoustic valve, fitting decent panel filter and sorting some cold air feeds.. full gdi stainless exhaust..
what improvements will i get lower down power? expecting i might gain 1 or 2 bhp top end but not too worried about overall power just what will i get for my money?
thanks

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I got 4 bhp and 15lb/ft from 2500 rpm. Mid range is the biggest difference.

The car ran 178 with panel, exhaust and map. With the addition of a sports cat and inlets, it ran 175 on Paul's new Dyno Dynamics with 160lb/ft.

Mk4 .:R32
did you get better mpg post remap ben? I'm tempted to get mine done at chipwizards once I've got inlets matched and sports cat

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
did you get better mpg post remap ben? I'm tempted to get mine done at chipwizards once I've got inlets matched and sports cat
I gained 3-4mpg post map but I tend to boot it more so that equals things out.

Paul did say that he thinks there is more to come with mine as the map' was his very first and was my first mod' practically. Once i've sorted my cambelt and house move, i'll let him tickle it some more.

Mk4 .:R32
good stuff. I'm hoping for 180bhp and 160lb/ft with inlets, induction kit with caf, ss exhaust, sports cat and remap. Need to speak to yoz about doing a few bits