ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reintroduce myself.

MkV Golf R32
Hi,

I haven't posted on here for a number of years and even then I didn't post too much.

I have found the want for a nice car again after 4 years of not being interested in cars. So I went mad and bought a golf R32, so thought it best to get back on Cliosport where I know it's wealth of knowledge. I have seen a few members have owned/currently own R32's so will no doubt be asking lots of questions once I get a project thread going.

I used to own an ultra red 197 and a silver 182, both are the only cars I have regretted selling. I was close to another 197/200 but decided 5 doors was more practical with having 2 kids.

I wish I could afford a Renaultsport as a 2nd car/track car as they're cracking cars and surprisingly never had a problem when owning one. Hopefully I'll be able to get along to some meets and put names to faces.

Welcome back bud.

I'm new since you were here last and I'm an absolute Pain In The Arse! 😂

Hope you stick about mate, I guess it's true what everyone is saying! "They always come back"

:up:

MkV Golf R32
Thanks for the welcome guys :smile:, I went with the mkV R32 in black. Once it's back from Panel Care getting it up to standard I will put a couple of photos up. Roll on Wednesday!

Currently driving in a dull as dishwater Volvo v40 :unamused:

MkV Golf R32
Welcome back.

I've still got your old 182!

How's the clio going? Has it been 4 years? I wish I never sold the thing TBH :cry:

I got a 123d after the 182 and it was the most unreliable car I've had, just didn't get on with it. Hopefully the R32 will be abit better 😂

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
How's the clio going? Has it been 4 years? I wish I never sold the thing TBH :cry:

I got a 123d after the 182 and it was the most unreliable car I've had, just didn't get on with it. Hopefully the R32 will be abit better 😂

End of Jan 2013 it was yeah. It's still going well, got a few bits to refresh on it and it's having a diff put in soon.

I remember you getting the 123d, I gave it a once over with the DA polisher.

MkV Golf R32
End of Jan 2013 it was yeah. It's still going well, got a few bits to refresh on it and it's having a diff put in soon.

I remember you getting the 123d, I gave it a once over with the DA polisher.

Ahhh yeh I remember the DA polishing, my mind drew a blank there. Do you still do the detailing side of things?

I'm glad the clio is still going strong, I'm going to try and refresh some suspension components once the weather warms up.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh yeh I remember the DA polishing, my mind drew a blank there. Do you still do the detailing side of things?

I'm glad the clio is still going strong, I'm going to try and refresh some suspension components once the weather warms up.

Yeah still got a few bits for detailing.

PH2 172
Hi and welcome back.

I love the mentality of "I've bought a golf, I'll sign back up on cliosport.net"

I genuinely stand by that Clio owners are a minority on here haha

The worm turns.
Tatty Golfs are 2 a penny.
Proper Clio`s like Gus`s PB are few & far between.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I ended up with the MK5, I do love the mk4 though. I see you have the mk4, has it served you well?

Fuel pump let me down after week of owning it haha, been fine since

Had fiasco of the clutch going.. But i do love it and havnt got bored of it, which i did with clio's tbh

MkV Golf R32
Fuel pump let me down after week of owning it haha, been fine since

Had fiasco of the clutch going.. But i do love it and havnt got bored of it, which i did with clio's tbh
Suppose that's the risk we take when buying them, luckily mine seems to have been looked after (touchwood). I just wanted the rear bumper re spraying and any dents sorting out, but I don't think I will get bored of the sound anytime soon