ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regular West Midlands Meet - See Calendar

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Unlucky. Good job I'm local ;) you deffo not coming Dave?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Pay as you go. He's got no credit. Spent all his money on an a3. Ooooo. Did I just say that?????

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So according to the calender next Monday's meet is here,
i've not seen anyone mention it on here so I thought i'd put it up just in case.

The Punchbowl
Mill Lane,
Lapworth,
Solihull,
West Midlands,
B94 6HR

Do we have to book at this place or can we show up on mass and still get food?

WRX
Yeah thanks Dave, I was wondering whether it was there this time, as I hadn't seen confirmation.
Suits me though, much closer to get too.

N.B. Look out for the muntjac deer, they're rife around there and they have a nasty habit of running out into the road.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member

That's a Good question, didn't think of it as an issue as the monthly meets only bring in 6 or 7 of us but then the last meet at star city I think we had about 25 so while we don't know numbers I may just ring them to see if they could manage a few of us.
I'll see if don's spoke to them and if not will get on it :)

BG182ff,explod Focus
So according to the calender next Monday's meet is here,
i've not seen anyone mention it on here so I thought i'd put it up just in case.

The Punchbowl
Mill Lane,
Lapworth,
Solihull,
West Midlands,
B94 6HR

Cheers for the heads up on that Dave.

When did that change? I checked earlier this week and it was still saying Nickelodian in Wednesfield.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Cheers for the heads up on that Dave.

When did that change? I checked earlier this week and it was still saying Nickelodian in Wednesfield.

I amended one of them...due to fact that young Mr. Hopkins was having a whinge/criticism! ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
So what you're saying then Don is if I whinge enough we could have a meet closer to Stoke :D

As I think Don's put in the calendar mate, if you make the effort to attend when it's not local to you (which you have) then yes we definitely will have one closer to you. It's only fair that we accommodate people that put in effort.
I for one would be perfectly happy if Octobers was near stoke as you have been to bentley bridge.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So what you're saying then Don is if I whinge enough we could have a meet closer to Stoke :D

Come on mate. We can do one up Stafford way, or Stoke area...but need your local knowledge of an establishment which will be suitable (and I dont mean 2 mins from your house!!)

Just somewhere with good parking...easy reach for most people and does good food at reasonable prices.

As I think Don's put in the calendar mate, if you make the effort to attend when it's not local to you (which you have) then yes we definitely will have one closer to you. It's only fair that we accommodate people that put in effort.
I for one would be perfectly happy if Octobers was near stoke as you have been to bentley bridge.

In one. Am suggesting that if 'BillyBob' has never been to a meet before or comes once in blue moon...then they want meet at end of their street...then no. If they come to the meets and are willing to travel to other meets, then they will be invited to put their suggestions in.

Mad as it seems...I've been a Rep for a few years now and the last meet in Telford itself was in Ironbridge about 4 years ago!

Can we have one at codsall then? Woooop.

Shut up you!!! ;)

What might do is at end of the meet, get everyone to put their name on a piece of paper and pull a name (so its fair) then they have say on next place.

The only suggestion is that the person who 'won' the previous month doesnt put their name in (to avoid repetition) so we have a good spread across the area.

(Only thing is that everyone will have white paper except Matt and I who will have luminious green so we can pick our own better!!! Pmsl)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good idea to be fair. We meet up so much more than we used to. It's good.

BG182ff,explod Focus
Come on mate. We can do one up Stafford way, or Stoke area...but need your local knowledge of an establishment which will be suitable (and I dont mean 2 mins from your house!!)

Just somewhere with good parking...easy reach for most people and does good food at reasonable prices.

I was just joking mate, most of the guys in the West Midlands group live around or south of Brum so it's a bit far to ask people to drive when there's only one stokie at the meet.
2 mins from my house would be The Regent. Definitely not a pub I'd recommend unless you were after a fight :argue:

Maybe if a few more stokies join in we could think about maybe doing a meet at the Darlaston Inn
It's in the middle of a big roundabout with plenty of parking, easy to find if you are heading north from Stafford on the A34 and is a Fayre and Square place so does those 2 meals for £10 thing.
Just a suggestion for now to keep in mind if more guys north of Brum start coming to the meets.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I might not be there now. Car luck (which was pretty bad anyway after replacing almost everything on the car) just ran out completely. Car's written off now I reckon, should have hit animal. I'll live I think lol. Might see if Tom or Chris wouldn't mind giving me a lift (think the bad luck is only if I own the car so you should be safe)

Blimey - hope you're alright man. Might have to be Chris giving you a lift if he can, 'cause I'm gonna have to come straight from work as I have a lot on all of a suddon! >.< I think today and most of next week is going to be long days in the office for me. :(

george 172,205,metro
I was just joking mate, most of the guys in the West Midlands group live around or south of Brum so it's a bit far to ask people to drive when there's only one stokie at the meet.
2 mins from my house would be The Regent. Definitely not a pub I'd recommend unless you were after a fight :argue:

Maybe if a few more stokies join in we could think about maybe doing a meet at the Darlaston Inn
It's in the middle of a big roundabout with plenty of parking, easy to find if you are heading north from Stafford on the A34 and is a Fayre and Square place so does those 2 meals for £10 thing.
Just a suggestion for now to keep in mind if more guys north of Brum start coming to the meets.

this is good as right in the centre for stoke stafford ect plus easy to get to from motorway and loads of parking.
and yes i know i havent been to any for a while lol to many projects.

rs clio 182
is there a meet tonight then ? if so were is it ?
not been to a cs meet yet im pretty new to the site need to meet some clio friends lol

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Jamo_182, I notice your location is set as Manchester. Are you actually local to the West Midlands hence asking? If so everyone receives a PM a couple of days before and we can add you to that, also it is always in the Calender which you'll find at the top of the page (inbetween FAQ and community)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Gutted boys. Gutted.

How far are you Matt (addicted) from Solihull?