ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refitting Renault Headunit

Golf GT TDi 130
I am trying to put the standard Renault headunit back into my Clio for selling it but having problems!

The black plastic end of the wiring loom does not fit into the back of the headunit and I cant remember if I had an adaptor and if I did, ive lost it. can someone advise what part I need and where to get it?

I cant understand why the orig loom doesn't fit into the orig headunit?!

Cheers!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
There are 2 blocks that should go into it. A black one and a clear one. One with 7 pins and one with 8 pins IIRC. Then 2 small 4-pin connectors, yellow and black IIRC, one for the CD changer and one for the steering controls/display.

I had to buy a wiring adaptor to plug my aftermarket HU in (2 original blocks into 1 block). Are you sure the original wires are not plugged in at the back of the wiring loom you have at the minute?

Golf GT TDi 130
Thats what I thought it should have been, two blocks into this one small block that i currently have. But the block is too small to be carrying the 7pin and 8pin blocks. I will take pics of the loom once I get my car back from the garage.
I take it the two pins you described should fit into the top two sockets on this pic?

headunit001-1.gif

Thanks!