ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redline

Cup and R6
Just warmed the car up and started to rev it as yesterday when i drove it it didnt seem like it would reach the 7k redline and i was right, the limiter seems to cut in around 6750, is this normal? i know a remap would raise the limiter to 7800 but surely it should still rev to 7k? any ideas?

Cup and R6
still cold mate, takes a good 15-20min

thought this may be the case, ill try again later on when ive driven it the 30 min drive to my gf, dont really want to rev it while the cambelts not been done but things like this bother me lol, if it sill doesnt rev to 7k when fully warm is it something sinister? :(

thought this may be the case, ill try again later on when ive driven it the 30 min drive to my gf, dont really want to rev it while the cambelts not been done but things like this bother me lol, if it sill doesnt rev to 7k when fully warm is it something sinister? :(

Im 99% sure it will - all sports do this I think.

BG182®
It takes a good warm up before it lets you reach the limits. As above, 20mins and you should be fine afterwards.

Evo
Ouchhhhhh! the thought of revving that high when its not fully warmed up is enough to bring tears to my eyes!

Cup and R6
Ouchhhhhh! the thought of revving that high when its not fully warmed up is enough to bring tears to my eyes!

i left it 10 mins and was revving small amount when the needle was in the middle (up to 3k)

my old VAGs were fully warm and raring to go after 10, its taking some getting used to these frenchies :( lol

Evo
These garlic sleds arent built like the germans mate lol, u gotta treat em with a little bit of respect or they'll just give up on you :p

What you gotta keep in mind is although the water temp gauge may be up and settled it still takes a good 10 mins more to get the oil temp up, as anyone with an oil temp gauge will tell ya.

Cup and R6
These garlic sleds arent built like the germans mate lol, u gotta treat em with a little bit of respect or they'll just give up on you :p

What you gotta keep in mind is although the water temp gauge may be up and settled it still takes a good 10 mins more to get the oil temp up, as anyone with an oil temp gauge will tell ya.

was just going to post before you said that does anywhere do a decent oil temp gauge for the car? :)

Evo
Demon tweeks sell all sorts of decent quality gauges, racetech are good, but a little expensive.

A pain in the arse to plumb into the car though mate, especially electrical side of things, but if your gonna do it i'd suggest sticking an oil pressure gauge in too, always useful.

Cup and R6
Demon tweeks sell all sorts of decent quality gauges, racetech are good, but a little expensive.

A pain in the arse to plumb into the car though mate, especially electrical side of things, but if your gonna do it i'd suggest sticking an oil pressure gauge in too, always useful.

my mums mini 1.6 has both oil temp and pressure as standard, on a car like that and not in ours, crazy :(

Evo
I know its stupid. you go over to canada mate and their cars all have oil temp, oil pressure, gearbox temp, gearbox pressure, voltage and coolant temp. thats how it should be done!

Nowadays most modern cars dont even have a coolant gauge ( Vauxhalls )

Cup and R6
Nowadays most modern cars dont even have a coolant gauge ( Vauxhalls )

noticed that in my friends astra, whats all that about, its like theyre trying to scrimp and save on everything and not drop the prices!

just another case of corporate shafting :(

Evo
Probaly cos neat and tidy dashboards are the next big thing, i've only ever had a vauxhall as a hire car and only ever would, seeing as i drive them like a berk regardless of engine temp it doesnt bother me :p

'95 Astra :-(
Here are the revs limit:

Max. engine speeds for a coolant temperature < 75°C 6,700 rpm

for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 1st or 2nd gear 7,200 rpm
for a coolant temperature > 75°C in 3rd, 4th or 5th speed 7,000 rpm

Interesting how 3rd, 4th & 5th are lower?