ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

redex

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
anyone know if this redex stuff is any good and actually works or not?? anyother easy way of cleaning the engine out a bit i.e injectors?

cheers!

Lots of Alfas
They tested them all on 5th gear and none really made a difference. Some even decreased the power. Renault strongly recommend not using any of these types of products.

vers le haut doigt milieu
Yeah but 5th gear is shiot ffs they hired Tim Shaw and I'm I honestly know more about cars then the lanky t**t that once told me he doesn't believe his battery is flat as the headlights turn on.

I, however would like to know exactly what redex will do and how the separate agents help an engine?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Redex is supposed to clean the injectors & inlet valves, reason it is belived that power can be lost is due to the cleaning agents in redex breaking down the carbon build up on the pistons, head, valves etc therefore causing a loss in compresion, sounds logical, read it in a car mag yeaaaars ago lol

vers le haut doigt milieu
someone needs to put ingredients on these items as I honestly don't believe optimax contains much more then crude oil and for all I know tipex as they have claimed for years but never published what minerals are in it (I do understand the octane rating polymers tho). James you wouldn't happen to know what substance exactly they put into redex that breaks down the carbon depos do you?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Bash, aint got a clue whats in it, its gotta be fairly strong to be a more effective cleanner than petrol lol, onto V-power, theres a diffrence & its not all in my mind.. the story

In the 1.2 years ago, tried V-power for a few tanks, f**k all difference

172, run normal 95 then V-power, f**k all diffrences

172 - remaped to group N, Run 95 lumpy idol returned, 5k kick was no where near as present, drove it day & night so diffrent temps were out of the questions.. finally V-power returned in stock & 30/50 miles after fill up my 172 was back on its toes.. at the end of the day, if you cant feel the diffrence between 95/98 octane, lucky you, 10+p a litre saving lol

PH1 172 Sport
V-power or any higher octane fuel will make a difference to how a high compression petrol engine runs, in this case a Clio Sport.

Higher octane fuel reduces the chance of engine knock (pre-ignition) and therefore allows the ECU to advance the timing. Running regular unleaded will cause the ecu to r****d the timing which will decrease engine efficiency and therefore power output.

However running a lower octane fuel in a car that is designed to run higher octane can effect power output and fuel ecconomy. However what it comes down to is that in a NA engine the power increase will be so insignificant that most people probably wont notice hence why alot of people on here run 95ron fuel and because the clio has a knock sensor it is able to control the ignition to allow it to run correctly but there will be an ever so slight decrease in power and ecconomy.

IMO if you have tuned your engine, use higher RPMs on a daily basis (where pre igniton is more likely to occur) then use higher octane fuel as it is what the engine is designed to use and its not recomended just for the hell of it.

A common misconception is that power output or fuel ecconomy can be improved by burning higher octane fuel than a particular engine was designed for. The power output of an engine depends in part on the energy density of its fuel, but similar fuels with different octane ratings have similar density. Since switching to a higher octane fuel does not add any more hydrocarbon content or oxygen, the engine cannot produce more power.

Back to topic. Run a few tanks of V-Power for its cleaning properties and then go back to regular as there is no need to run the 1.4 on higher octane fuel.

I think these things can work. But the risk is if you have a problem and add it then so much stuff can be freed up that things get blocked even worse. I know someone this happened to (redex and fuel injectors).

If it ain't broke don't use and if it is broke it's probably too late to use it :)

I use oil flush most oil changes and I've never had any problems but I think I'm going to use it less and less for the reasons stated above.