ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red speedlines

197 cup
I posted a while back about having my speedlines painted the same colour as the red R26.r alloys. I went ahead with it in the end and heres how it looks. I also had my rear diffuser painted gloss black. To follow shortly is a carbon bonnet, carbon mirror covers and black wheel nuts or covers.

I had mixed views about the idea on my post a while back, so what do you think now its done?

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 195
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 115
  B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Remove the World series decals.

Lower it - Needs to have a motorsport look

And it will look sweet!

Westy. MX5
Now usually I hate inapropriatly painted wheels, I always like the original colours such as silver and silver but YES they look great on your white car. Must be a 1st. for me.

By the way, is that Neil Bartlett Ex. Golf nut?

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks good, but I think if you colour coded the bumpstrips white and the wing mirrors and loose the world series sticker you would be on to a winner. :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needs more red touches, just get the 26.r and looks for ideas.

Get those shocking decals off aswell!

197 cup
Now usually I hate inapropriatly painted wheels, I always like the original colours such as silver and silver but YES they look great on your white car. Must be a 1st. for me.

By the way, is that Neil Bartlett Ex. Golf nut?

Nah thats not me mate.

Cheers for the comments, ive seen an r26r sticker kit on ebay and it says they make custom decals to whatever you want. Was thinking the same decals but instead of R26.r on them have either 197cup, RS197 or something like that.

How about the mirrors the same red? rather than carbon covers. :cool:

197 cup
As above... Lose the stickers, lower it and you're onto a winner.

Was thinking of getting it lowered and i agree it would look better. If i was to lower it, are there any decent springs which would lower by say 40mm and be on a par with the cup suspension i already have?

I dont want to get it lowered on springs and its handling is worse than what it is now. Ive had coilovers on previous cars but its alot of money to spend when really im just after the car sitting a tad lower.

Cheers shaun.

Urgent lowering need and will look much better, some mirrors cover i n the same color will give the final touch ;)

Swift Sport
Was thinking of getting it lowered and i agree it would look better. If i was to lower it, are there any decent springs which would lower by say 40mm and be on a par with the cup suspension i already have?

I dont want to get it lowered on springs and its handling is worse than what it is now. Ive had coilovers on previous cars but its alot of money to spend when really im just after the car sitting a tad lower.

Cheers shaun.

Springs are okay on non-Cups but with Cup suspension you'll need coilovers as the ride is too harsh on springs alone, it's tolerable but I wouldn't recommend it. I have KW coilovers and they're great, but H&R's go a tad lower at the back.

197 cup
Springs are okay on non-Cups but with Cup suspension you'll need coilovers as the ride is too harsh on springs alone, it's tolerable but I wouldn't recommend it. I have KW coilovers and they're great, but H&R's go a tad lower at the back.

Ok mate thanks for the reply, looks like its going to be a set of coils now then.